[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rupi Kaur Gets Treated Unfairly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.jpg (71KB, 757x731px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
71KB, 757x731px
I know /lit/'s stance on Rupi, the poetess, but I was wondering whether any of you have considered what she is really, actually doing. Rupi is bringing potentially thousands - if not millions - of young girls toward the medium of poetry, and even the act of reading again. After years of media disintegration - as envisioned by David Wallace - I'd think /lit/ should be better suited to foster the flower of literacy, however "uncanon" it may be.
>>
>>9635349
So we should be happy women are retarded?
>>
>>9635349
We should respect and pretend to like godawful, tokenism poetry because it might entice someone who is actually a really good super great fantastic poet to poetry, and just didn't realize it until they read Rupi Kaur's dogshit?
>>
>>9635349
we know what she's 'actually' doing

writing dull shit
>>
>>9635353
>>9635357
Your faux intellectual rhetorical questions, which mask your challenged masculinity, are of no content in this thread.
>>
>>9635349
Rupi Kaur poetry = caricature
>>
>>9635349
This shit as been a bestseller on book depository for like a year now. Why do people read this congradulatory shit? It's literally the Myers Briggs of poetry
>>
File: 1465572326060.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1465572326060.png
293KB, 633x758px
>>9635362
N-NO! MY MASCULINITY! IT'S BEEN SHATTERED!

DAMN YOU, RUPI KAUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRR
>>
>>9635363
Does the caricature of Mickey Mouse not bring joy and morals to the masses of children whom watch him?
>>
>>9635371
Are you implying women are children, you chauvinistic pig?
>>
>>9635349
Her poetry is not 'uncanon'. There are better works which are 'uncanon'. Milk & Honey is complete horse shit. Every anon could have wrote that after a big dose of romantic comedies and YA novels. Her work is devoid of any creativity (to say at least).
>>
>>9635349
some would say reading bad things is even worse than never having read at all

it's not bringing anybody closer to poetry. nobody reads something from this lady and says "hmm this is great, let me read some shakespeare now". the audience for this type of thing isn't the audience for literature, that's what you're not understanding. if this was the audience for literature they wouldn't be reading this lady in the first place. it's like saying 50 shades of grey is bringing people closer to joyce when in reality it's mindless consuming akin to gobbling up a netflix series.
>>
>>9635349
>I know /lit/'s stance on Stalin, the communist, but I was wondering whether any of you have considered what he is really, actually doing. Stalin is bringing potentially thousands - if not millions - of young girls toward capitalism, and even the act of trading again. After years of media disintegration - as envisioned by Ayn Rand - I'd think /lit/ should be better suited to foster the flower of democracy, however "unfair" it may be.
Really makes you think
>>
Honestly, I think when it comes to opening a door, the end justifies the means. Beyoncé's feminism is extremely superficial and basic, but hey, if it makes 13-year-old girls feel more confident, why not. If it takes J.K. Rowling and Donna Tartt to get young people to read, sure, whatever. How many professional illustrators today started out with shitty Sonic fanart? Young people like dumb shit, get over it. People grow.
>>
What a shit poem, and what a shit attitute hidden behind it
Women don't fucking understand love
>>
>>9635422
Fucking finally. This
>>
>>9635444
Is this bait?
>>
>>9635377
>>9635422
Nice dubs fags, here is a (You)

>>9635444
Oh shit trips.
>>
>>9635453
This. Man is the romantic gender.
>>
insidious femtrolls out in full force tonight

sage hide report
>>
File: 1290996276771.gif (123KB, 120x89px) Image search: [Google]
1290996276771.gif
123KB, 120x89px
>Rupi is bringing potentially thousands - if not millions - of young girls toward the medium of poetry, and even the act of reading again.
Too many people, girls and boys, are literate already.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.