[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0624.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0624.png
2MB, 750x1334px
I'm confused when it comes to some Mormon views on religion.

I've read the Book of Mormon and it only testifies of a plain and simple Gospel of Jesus Christ. This plain and simple Gospel of Jesus Christ is only four things:

1. Faith in Jesus Christ
2. Repentance
3. Baptism by immersion and receiving the Holy Ghost
4. Enduring to the end

The Book of Mormon never preaches of anything else. So tithing, temples, baptisms for the dead, going to stake conference; all these things are actually condemned as evil by what the Book of Mormon teaches, because the Book of Mormon only talks about how you just have to follow the plain and simple 4-part Gospel of Jesus Christ and that's all you have to do. Anything else would be pointless and would not serve God; thus tithing, temple work, the sacrament, etc would be condemned as serving Satan if they did not serve God.

The Book of Mormon clearly states that the true followers of Christ should gather together to hear the true word of God within churches built just for that purpose and just that purpose alone. So going to a church building to hear the word of God is all that would be acceptable with what the Book of Mormon says is acceptable when it comes to organized religion.

In fact, the Book of Mormon heavily condemns priestcraft; the Book of Mormon views priestcraft as any church that gluts itself on its followers. The LDS church seems to take money from its followers; is that not priestcraft? The Book of Mormon described the true church of God as having nothing to do with taking money from people. Why is the LDS church not like that?

Can anyone respond to the criticisms here with something constructive? If anything, any Mormons reading this would have to agree with what I've stated about priestcraft; how could that part be wrong?

Could any people of the LDS faith please help me understand this better?
>>
>>9634571
Bump
>>
>>9634571
Have you read the two other Mormon holy texts, Pearl of Great Purchase and whatever the third one's called?
Mormonism is, like all modern revisionist Christian sects, a collective of Exceptionalism.
>>
>>9634571
>ex-mormfag here
Pretty much all of your issues are addressed in Doctrine and Covenants. That's the book where Joseph Smith explicitly outlines how the church should be organized and function.
>>
>>9634571

>The Book of Mormon never preaches of anything else. So tithing, temples, baptisms for the dead, going to stake conference; all these things are actually condemned as evil by what the Book of Mormon teaches, because the Book of Mormon only talks about how you just have to follow the plain and simple 4-part Gospel of Jesus Christ and that's all you have to do. Anything else would be pointless and would not serve God; thus tithing, temple work, the sacrament, etc would be condemned as serving Satan if they did not serve God.

Mormons are the only mainstream religion that believe in continuing revelation which continues to this day through their prophets.

These revelations are contained within the doctrines and covenants.

>In fact, the Book of Mormon heavily condemns priestcraft; the Book of Mormon views priestcraft as any church that gluts itself on its followers. The LDS church seems to take money from its followers; is that not priestcraft? The Book of Mormon described the true church of God as having nothing to do with taking money from people. Why is the LDS church not like that?

Its is like that, there are no professional priests in Mormonism all of their bishops and clerical staff are volunteers who are not paid.

Likewise Tithing is certainly biblical (remember Mormons do not reject the bible) and as its a flat figure based on your surplus no one will ever have to choose between it and survival.

All in all I think you made the mistake of thinking that Mormonism just = the Book of Mormon
>>
>>9634571
Wait till you read the shit where jesus comes from space and shit.
>>
>>9634571
That's because you're taught more to suck the cocks of the 'prophets' more than anything else. I'm gonna be drinking coffee in whatever plane the mormie god are gonna put me in. Jesus it is such a retarded religion.

I do think Joseph Smith is an interesting character though, from a historical pov.
>>
>>9634571
Most of that stuff is in the Doctrine & Covenants, the canonised revelations if Joseph Smith and later prophets. Also remember Mormons believe in ongoing revelation, so the teachings of their prophets are just as important as scripture. Joseph Smith wrote the BoM early when he still had a fairly conventional protestant theology. As time went on he and the church moved further and further away from that.
>>
File: mormon-missionaries.jpg (30KB, 440x280px) Image search: [Google]
mormon-missionaries.jpg
30KB, 440x280px
*blocks your path*
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.