[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prerequisites to reading him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 198384.jpg (11KB, 171x266px) Image search: [Google]
198384.jpg
11KB, 171x266px
Prerequisites to reading him?
>>
>>9634455

Be 16 to 22 and kewl.
>>
a noose
>>
one people won't mention is Kant, who is a pre-req for all modern philosophy, but many people like to skip to get to the cool stuff. but Land makes direct use of Kant and you should too
>>
marx, deleuze.

>>9634469
but esp this

t. guy who skipped kant to get to the cool stuff
>>
deleuze, definitely. land uses a lot of deleuze lingo
>>
>>9634459
Most people who read him I think are much older.
>>9634460
For what?
>>
>>9634494
>For what?

A bookmark so you don't lose your page.
>>
>>9634455
Read Deleuze.
>>
>>9634455
ignore the weenies, some cool anon is putting together a reader
>>9633024

you might track down a copy of this
https://www.urbanomic.com/book/accelerate/

or just go directly to fanged noumena
https://s3.amazonaws.com/arena-attachments/406213/42bdb859549f609953a0ca61aca0bee3.pdf
>>
>>9634469
True, specially on his essays on him and Schopenhaur (the former being necesarry to understand the later)
>>
>>9634501
Seems big for a bookmark, why can't I use one from the local library, or better yet, make my own using scissors and paper? I made bookmarks for when I read Infinite Jest, two to be exact, different colors, one to mark my place in the story and one to mark my place in the footnotes. Unfortunately I never finished that book since it's pretty long (and also dense as well, he [David Foster Wallace, the author of Infinite Jest] can really fit a lot in just a sentence) and I'm kind of a busy person but I plan to revisit it at some point since I did enjoy what I read, though I haven't really been into fiction much lately, it just doesn't hold my attention or interest the same way nonfiction does (I guess I'm just autistic or something but I'd rather skip the foreplay and get right to the fucking, or to speak more plainly, get the explicit information I need without analyzing the text to get the message, which oftentimes could be better stated in nonfiction writing anyway.).
>>
File: strong.png (410KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
strong.png
410KB, 1144x888px
i'm currently going through hume, to get to kant. then marx to get to deleuze. so at this rate i'll be reading nick land in only 2 or 3 years.
>>
>>9634516
That anon's selection is actually good. But I think is rather useful to have knowledge of what influences Land, specially when he sometimes can be eclectic.
>>
i wish the best philosophical works didn't require so much prep
i just turned 18 and i feel like a complete moron wanting to read certain writing but having no idea how to tackle it
>>
>>9634455
Read Mencius Moldbug. His reactionary essays inspired Land and the DL. start with "An Open Letter"
>>
What are some of Land's more occult and esoteric influences?
>>
File: 9780826476951.jpg (267KB, 420x644px) Image search: [Google]
9780826476951.jpg
267KB, 420x644px
>>9634536
Then it's Kant/Marx/Deleuze. Capitalism and Schizophrenia is mandatory for understanding Land.

The first essay in Fanged Noumena is excellent and bears little resemblance to the outer-edge craziness he writes later. His essay on the critique of Transcendental Miserabilism is also important for understanding his anti-humanist views. I'm basically useless in terms of talking about Kant but Marx and Deleuze are important.
>>
>>9634545
they don't. It helps but you will have plenty of time to revisit them later in life. If you're specifically concerned about prerequisites for reading Land, ignore these autists assigning half the Western Canon to you. Just read his dark enlightenment essay, it's very readable. If you want, read Mencius Moldbug first. Dont let these made up reading orders prevent you from diving into something that excites you.
>>
>>9634559
Lovecraft, mainly. He also likes Gibson, but he's not occult or esoteric. Whatever spoke to him in his CCRU days came through the back channels of drugs and other weirdness I think.
>>
File: 1467936839671.jpg (2MB, 1900x919px) Image search: [Google]
1467936839671.jpg
2MB, 1900x919px
I'll post another good reference here. This guy's essays are excellent.

https://socialecologies.wordpress.com/tag/nick-land/
>>
File: adderall.jpg (151KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
adderall.jpg
151KB, 600x419px
>>
>>9634455
I only read him because he was vital for my understanding of Dies Irae.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.