[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

La Commedia, L'inferno

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: michelino_dante.jpg (99KB, 516x418px) Image search: [Google]
michelino_dante.jpg
99KB, 516x418px
What is for YOU the essence of the inferno? In which way has it influenced you the most?
Why is the inferno held in so much higher regard than Purgatorio and Paradiso?
>>
Because no one'd believe in good if they didn't fear hell
>>
>>9632845
It seems someone read Sandman.
>>
>>9632838
So many great authors are Dante shills. Especially the Inferno.
>>
>>9632845
*god

>>9632866
Fuck that shitty, feminist rip-off of Swamp Thing. Jesus, i get so angry when Death appears, Gayman obviously wrote her with a hand on his dick
>>
>>9632838
its not, it's just more popular by plebs who seize on
>muh horrible punishments
for normie mass culture/media
>>
>>9632838
>Why is the inferno held in so much higher regard than Purgatorio and Paradiso?

Probably because the poetry and the themes are easier (still great).
But nobody who knows anything of literature really thinks that the Inferno is the best part of the Comedy because as a poem the Comedy is very coherent, you may have a favourite part (for me it is the Purgatorio), but you can't disregard the rest or you'll lose most of it.
>>
>>9633056
op here, i agree. I read the Commedia without expecting much of anything, but was surprised by the poetic depth of it and its choherent beauty.Though I disagree with most views presented, I still appreciate its beauty
>>
L AMOUR CHE MUOVE LA SOLLE DE LATRE STELLE
and ending of purgatory
It was very beautiful but i cant tell why exactly
>>
>>9632838
Did you know that in Ulysses Bloom and Daedalus emerge into the stars from Bloom's house. Sort of like Dante and his guide.
>>
>>9633067
the idea of christendom is beautiful all through, but if you queston it with any rationality, it doesn't hold up as a life concept. I appreciate christendom for its beauty and the art it has inspired, but would never call myself religious.
>>
>>9632838
Because it's the first part and people got bored by the end of it.
>>
>>9633071
Absolutely disgusting anon, thinking for even a second you can rationalize the mind of God and His works.
>>
>>9633081
enlighten me then
>>
>>9633086
Yer supposed to ask God for that idjit.
>>
>>9632838
>Why is the inferno held in so much higher regard than Purgatorio and Paradiso?

citation needed...it's probably because people are lazy

Borges calls the entire trilogy "the best book we have"...Eliot and Joyce praise Dante as best after Shakespeare, do you think it's just because of one fucking volume?

shitty thread
>>
File: reallydude.jpg (6KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
reallydude.jpg
6KB, 262x192px
>>9633094
yeah i think so too
>mfw seeing religious strawmen
>>
>>9632838
La Commedia is supposed to follow a climax senpai, it's just that more people have read the Inferno, as it is easier than the Purgatorio (which is easier than the Paradiso). Basically, >>9632969

t. Swiss-Italian highschooler
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.