[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing video games whilst listening to audiobooks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: _83425805_obiwan.jpg (106KB, 976x1300px) Image search: [Google]
_83425805_obiwan.jpg
106KB, 976x1300px
What's the general consensus on audiobooks? I'm self-diagnosed with ADHD and find listening to podcasts whilst playing certain video games works well for me, would it be that bad to do with books?
>>
Dude, fucking do whatever you want, nobody cares. Why don't you experiment a little and tell us the results in a few months, jackass?
>>
>>9632707

Sorry that was unnecessarily harsh. In truth there is a consensus on audiobooks here: It's not really reading. You can't focus as well, you retain less information, and you can't immediately re-read sentences you didn't understand.

But it's not pointless, you can listen to lectures and get a lot out of them for example. I would not try to do this while playing video games, but go for it if you think you can do it.
>>
>>9632699
That depends on what type of audiobooks you're going for. Short stories/light genre fiction could probably work just fine, but any heavier material is a pain in the ass.

What works for me when playing videogames is listening to lectures to build, for lack of a better term, passive knowledge. You're probably not gonna be able to talk about the subject, but when you encounter it later down the road you'll understand what is being discussed.
>>
if its a game with minimal UI, focused on peaceful exploration (proteus or other similar walking sims) then sure. maybe even minecraft. but playing something like an RTS would be pointless, youd miss the audio content.
>>
File: 1453396264480.png (34KB, 732x606px) Image search: [Google]
1453396264480.png
34KB, 732x606px
>>9632699
Maybe you don't have ADHD and your lizard-brain is just starved of dopamine because you constantly over-stimulate it by bombarding it to the point where you need two simultaenous entertainment sources going at any one time in order to scratch the itch.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.