[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about Amazon's data fees for its kindle platform?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: amazon data pricing.jpg (140KB, 929x734px) Image search: [Google]
amazon data pricing.jpg
140KB, 929x734px
Can we talk about Amazon's data fees for its kindle platform?

I've put up with them for years, but it's started really pissing me off lately looking at my income sheets and seeing up to 50% of my sales go directly to Amazon, before I get taxed. The delivery fee for eBooks is extortionate.

>15c per MB
>A rate of $150 per GB

Now, considering that expense is taken directly from the sale, it's effectively charging YOU that rate to sell your books on their platform.So who in their right mind would take a data plan for $150 per GB of data? According to Amazon... Amazon. They "pay" those rates and then hand you the bill for their generosity. Now, what I wasnt to know is, if they are charging these "base" rates for data, then how the hell are they not bankrupt beyond belief for their S3 data sharing platform, which has rates of 0.02 cents per GB?

I'm willing to bet that their Kindle platform is ran by their S3 data servers and THAT is they cost they are incurring for their data... 0.02-0.1 cents per GB.

So what they are doing is charging you their 30% "sales fee" and then on top of that, charging you an extortionate data transfer rate and fraudulently lining their pockets with huge chunks of distribution. How is this not criminal, and how are more people not insanely pissed about it?
I'm willing to bet Amazon makes more money from their data free (which is supposed to be "at cost") than they do from their sales free.
>>
> The delivery fee for eBooks is extortionate.

1) Compress your shit so it's under the limit
2) Charge more

/ thread
>>
What the actual fuck is this?

I use the Kobo website and I've never seen any shit like this.
>>
I can't wait until Bezos pushes Trump an inch too far and ends up getting his shit kicked in. Keep spreading CIA fake news through the Washington Post and see what happens you cucked bastard.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.