[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i try audibooks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Soma%20350%20mg[1].jpg (10KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Soma%20350%20mg[1].jpg
10KB, 300x225px
Hi, i've been wondering lately if i should give audio books a try. Lately life has become busy, and i don't have as much free time, and usually i'm too tired at night to do the hour or two of reading like i used to. Should i give audiobooks and perhaps some funny/cool va a try? Is it worth it, or do you not get the same impression from a book / should read instead.
>>
anyone? Seems like people here don't like no earpeople
>>
>>9631987
If you can read, you should read. I would never just sit in a chair and listen to an audiobook. However if you're doing something that requires minimal thinking but keeps your hands busy like manual labor or chores audiobooks are great.

Keep in mind though that just because you can do something while listening to music doesn't mean you're able to concentrate on an audio book. I for one hate the feeling of having missed anything and have to constantly rewind if I'm doing something that requires too much attention. But for something like raking leaves or carrying shit audiobooks are a godsend.
>>
>>9632017
Yes, that's exactly what i was thinking. I thought of listening to an audiobook while doing laundry and some other menial tasks.
>>
>>9632024
Well it's like your parents reading to you when you were a kid, except instead of your parents it's a professional voice actor doing the reading. The books are identical to the printed originals. What's not to love?
>>
>>9632017
agreed. I audiobook on my way to/from commute. I can pay complete attention to the audiobook short of walking into the middle of a road/train line (20 min walk and 20 min on train). Outside of that I read print books, and some books just aren't suited to audio.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.