[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't respect people who don't read literature.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1497238057606.png (246KB, 518x388px) Image search: [Google]
1497238057606.png
246KB, 518x388px
I don't respect people who don't read literature.
>>
>over valuing consumption of media

wew
>>
The problem is you cannot read real literature without having knowledge of philosophy.
>>
>>9630602
The Catholic faith is my philosophy.
>>
>>9630602
>is you
durn 4chinners
>>
>>9630620
There is nothing wrong with that sentence, bird brain.
>>
File: 1497237230394.gif (1MB, 793x595px) Image search: [Google]
1497237230394.gif
1MB, 793x595px
>>9630634
There should be a comma in there, faggot.
>>
>>9630602
why?
>>
>>9630574
Great. We got another pseudo-intellectual.

>oh you don't read something I personally have deemed important?
>lol guys look at this retard XD XD XD XD
>>
>>9630635
>esl
>>
>>9630749
>>>/krautchan/
>>
>>9630712
Because all high brow literature relates to philosophical themes. It's never enjoyed purely for its story and characters.
>>
>>9630777
Give me one example of a philosophical theme that when encountered by an average philosophically uneducated human will make the human give up on finishing the read?
>>
>>9630777
>he can't deduce universals truths from examples
wew laddy we're not all that stupid
>>
>>9630634
The problem is that you didnt include "that".
>>
>>9630607
>worshipping a woman
>having a cuck for a pope
How do you live with yourself?
>>
I don't care for what people like or do in their free time, what gets me is that (some) people know that there is a book written by a fellow 2400 years ago and they don't feel the slightest curiosity to know what he wrote, how he wrote, about what...for me, thats like a 2000 year old men walking down the street and people rather sit on their asses watching superhero movies and series instead of going out to have a dialogue with the guy
>>
>>9630574
Same tbqh. I don't even care what it is or if it goes against anything I personally believe in. If you read something at least remotely intelligent I immediately respect you more as a person. These days even reading some detective novel places you above average.
>>
>>9631851
To be honest, that's exactly how that would go, if you ask me. Most people don't seem to have an interest in history beyond how much they can use it for their own emotional gain. They'd probably consider the 2000 year old man to be a bad person for not holding the same general views that they do.
>>
>>9631851

>people rather sit on their asses watching superhero movies and series instead of going out to have a dialogue with the guy

What gets me is the people who then complain about such things. Like the whitewashing in Mulan, for example. It strikes as being unhealthy to care so much to want to change something when the only benefit you're getting from it is that it doesn't offend your taste.

Such people never want something more intelligent; something that makes them think. They want something that doesn't.
>>
>>9631851
Most people only want escapism and easy entertainment. I did my fair share of dumb shit as a teenager and early 20s but I can't understand my friends who are nearing their 30s and for the past 5 years their life has been:
1. go to work
2. come home
3. smoke weed
4. watch cartoons or play vidya
5. go to bed
Every day, except on weekends they drink too.

I'm not trying to advocate straight edge (well I am, but that's not my point in this post) but dumbing yourself down every day so you can get some cheap laughs from a tv show with minimum effort and NEVER LEARN ANYTHING sounds like a pointless existence.
>>
>>9631905
What's happening in politics around the world is ridiculous. Everyone on the political spectrum is throwing fits. It used to be that friends didn't talk about politics and religion, because that's how you lost friends, but the internet has created this cesspool where every person gets on a soapbox and defends their political views while attacking anyone who doesn't 100% agree. It's not about left and right on the internet anymore, it's about judging people's character on politics.
>>
>>9631934
What would be less of a waste of time? If you replace watch cartoons and vidya with practicing guitar and reading would that be better?
>>
>>9631033
Here's your reply, you pagan faggot.
>>
>>9631934
>tfw graduated from college and was unemployed for a few months
>tfw spent all that free time reading and writing
>tfw I finally got a job and no longer have time to read or write
>tfw now all I do is wake up, go to work like a cuck, go back home, smoke weed, browse the Internet, and then go to bed

Living the literary lifestyle is fucking difficult when you're a wagecuck. At least I can read during my morning commute on the train.
>>
>>9631934
What is this straight edge you advocate for?
>>
>>9632268
Stop smoking weed.
>>9632125
>If you replace watch cartoons and vidya with practicing guitar and reading would that be better
At least you're developing a skill and learning something new. Improving your vocabulary if nothing else. There's some sort of mark left on you from that time spent, it's not just time you've killed and lost forever.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.