[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just read brave new world, what next?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 20170612_174023.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170612_174023.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
So I just read brave new world, what next?
>>
Island
>>
Greeks
>>
Umm.... I don't know
Lol!
>>
>>9630003
the salinger novel
>>
House of leaves and then stop since it's the peak of all literature, reading anything else is unfulfilling after you finish it
>>
Nietzsche (BGaE) and then The Foundation for Exploration, and then fill in the gaps. Then congrats, you are a conscious human being.
>>
drive that screwdriver into your eye socket
or catch-22
>>
>>9630003
That is that pink skeleton lmao
>>
>>9630003
Read the sequel Braver Newer World

or, if youre limited to whats on your shelf, read The Catcher in the Rye
>>
>>9630003

you fucking dick, you removed machiavelli and added some bullshit.

Read The Republic if you haven't. That or Kafka. Or Breakfast of Champions. Or The Social Contract.

Fuck, actually, read Breakfast of Champions. That book changed my life. Trout is an excellent character; I love how many stories can be crammed into one book. The depressing sardonic nature of Vonnegut is at full blast in this book, and so is his kind of juvenile-but-meaningful humor. Good book.

The Social Contract is foundational to western political thought. It is one of the bigguns to understanding liberalism in the classical sense, as, given the majority of the west is run by social democracies, you get to see where part of the worldview of liberalism started. This is mostly about people being ruled by their consent, an obsession in liberal thought. CONSENT. It all starts here, baby. Maybe with Locke. And I mean, it exists in other forms beforehand, but never so explicitly, or quite as well-laid.
>>
>>9630228
I removed the price because I read it. It was amazing, I'll take your advice and start on breakfast of champions. Thanks
>>
>>9630256

Keep it up, OP. Proud of you.
>>
File: IMG_20170212_131810.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170212_131810.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>9630280
Thank you my friend
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.