[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Daniil Kharms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: daniil-kharms_2-t.jpg (15KB, 220x227px) Image search: [Google]
daniil-kharms_2-t.jpg
15KB, 220x227px
Thoughts on Daniil Kharms?
>>
Enjoyable and interesting stories which are sometimes unintelligible due to lack of context or possibly he's insane it's hard to tell.
>>
To be fair, they're mostly unintelligible.
>>
>>9628980
I'd let him fuck me
>>
>>9629009
Yes, good in theory, but he's a fucking nut.
>>
>>9628980
No because, if those were thoughts on Daniil Kharms, he'd be in agony and less reposed, more in one of those states just before yelling, "Get these thoughts off of me! God damn it they're all over me!" Though composed with a much more rigid and theatrical verve which made one, from now, think of a Newyorker piece.
>>
>>9628980
Good dark humour. Was South Park before South Park was a thing.
>>
>>9628980
like mayakovsky, his work doesn't translate well. also like mayakovsky, a tragicomic genius

>>9628997
i'd hazard a guess that the unintelligible sections are more firmly placed in the social context in which he was writing. imagine a japanese person writing abstract parables with the moral being: "man, these old people are inept at their jobs yet keep getting promoted due to their age!" it's not something that immediately makes sense to someone without that cultural dissatisfaction.

>>9629151
heh
>>
>>9628980
All I know is his death was badass, I simultaneously think he was a lunatic, a dumbass, and a fucking hero.

>23 August 1941 - Kharms was arrested for spreading "libellous and defeatist mood". According to the NKVD report Kharms said: "The USSR lost the war on its first day. Leningrad will be either beleaguered or starved to death. Or it will be bombed to the ground. If I got mobilization request, I would punch a commander in the face, they can shoot me but I will not wear the uniform and will not become a soviet soldier, I don't want to be a scumbag. If someone made me shooting from attics during street fights with the Germans, I wouldn't shoot the Germans, but those (*who would make me shoot)".[2]:18

>In order to avoid execution, Kharms simulated insanity; the military tribunal ordered to keep him in the psychiatric ward of the 'Kresty' prison on the severity of the crime. Daniil Kharms died of starvation 2 February, 1942 during the siege of Leningrad. His wife was informed that he was deported to Novosibirsk. [5] Only on 25 July 1960, at the request of Kharms' sister, E.I. Gritsina, Prosecutor General's Office found him not guilty and he was exonerated.
>>
>>9630484
>badass
>starves to death in a mental ward while his wife is forever uncertain about what happened to him
That is literally my greatest fear though. I've been to jail several times and nothing bothered me about it, I was happy as hell playing cards smoking dope and reading the whole jail library until it occurred to me as I lay in bed late one morning that if there were a crisis in the city outside then the most likely thing the guards would do would be to leave us in our cells to starve to death. Once I had that thought I became terrified of where I was and had a mental breakdown requiring reassignment to the health pod within a week. Spent the rest of my time knocked out on seroquel. Haven't gone back since.
>>
>>9630515
Relive that in larger detail please. Maybe expand on the feeling of abandonment and the images that arose from thinking about how you could have been left alone.

I'm fascinated by these narratives like "Darkness at Noon" by Arthur Koestler

I don't even need to know why you're there. I'd probably even be less concerned about those details. I'm just interested in the horror elements.

I'd pay $10.
>>
>>9629272
>sometimes unintelligible due to lack of context
>>
File: charms.jpg (536KB, 1250x1979px) Image search: [Google]
charms.jpg
536KB, 1250x1979px
this guy has the most Russian face ever
>>
WE ARE ALL IRAN MAN

Never forget /lit/
>>
>>9632703
Good piece of /lit/stroy.
>>
>>9632703
i still think about him sometime desu
>>
>>9632703
Dam son. I was coming here just to post this.

Thus thread is dedicated to the memory of iranman, who could not get books delivered to his country.
>>
>>9632703
>>9632734
I do as well. Is he still in Iran and alive? Is he still a Kharms fan?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.