[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On ideology, Genre fiction and literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Kuvira the Uniter.png (171KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kuvira the Uniter.png
171KB, 640x360px
Hello /lit/. The gist of this post is that I would like to read books about applied fascism. However, I believe the quality of this thread can be improved by justifying my decision about posting it here (and not about whether fascism is "bad"). If not, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

A few years ago I saw The Legend of Korra, a cartoon about a world that is basically an alternate version of Earth in the 1920's but with Low-to-Mid Fantasy level elemental kung-fu powers. To keep it brief: the last season's villain was a militaristic earth-power woman who, after succeeding in reuniting the now King-less territories of this world's China equivalent (in both size and cultural depictions), she decided to defy the United Nations and name herself the leader of this new fascist regime. Yes, this has clearly happened before in history. And yes, real-life examples would be more relevant and accurate to represent the fundamentals of a political movement. I'm just telling you the events that led me to indulge in this discussion.

Since this is genre fiction, and a children's cartoon no less, this politically-oriented plot had to be neatly tied in under 13 episodes while incorporating obligatory themes of teamwork, black/white morality, and action-driven events. To this end, the writers took the lazy way out and the woman started putting all non-Earth nationals in concentration camps. The phrase "Literally Hitler" comes to mind.

And so now I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth, about a story where I was presented with a compelling reason to acknowledge the validity of another political view, in a society where even Wikipedia (as a popular repository of knowledge) criticizes Fascism for the mistakes and lies of the people that tried implementing it, and not by the ideology itself.

If a platonic "perfect" leader existed, would Fascism work?
Would exploring this, or other relevant ideology-centered ideas help push Genre fiction into legitimacy?
Most developed countries push liberal democracy, but most citizens don't have the education, time or simply don't care to vote "properly", so this is clearly also a problem of a "good" ideology in a bad environment to be applied.
>>
(only) bump.
>>
>>9628864
>If a platonic "perfect" leader existed, would Fascism work?
That begs the question: for whom and for what?
I think it's more of a spiritual movement than anything. Something like esprit de corps on a national scale.

I'll just leave this here.
archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.217879

And you might also want to check out Ernst Junger.
>>
>>9630272
Thanks, I'll check the link and Storm of Steel.
About your question, I'd assume it would just keep things focused by either writing him to always make the "right" decisions, or at least omit or hide their negative outcomes, without telling you outright.

This invariable ends up in the classic needs of the few or the many, so yeah I don't really know.
>>
>>9628864
Remember that fascism only came about as a response to judeo-bolshevism, after European leaders saw jews take over Russia and slaughter tens of millions of people. Although many in the "new right" also see fascism as a potential response to the current jewish operation to displace the white majority in white nations, I don't really know if it should be the end goal, even if it may be a necessary step to rid ourselves of jews. White/European societies worked well and usually prospered when there was an aristocratic elite with noblesse oblige making the important decisions, and we could return to that model in a snap if jews were removed.

That said, I think there is room to portray fascism in a positive light, and studies show that whites are on the whole sick the current situation and think a strong leader is necessary to get us out of the mess. But I don't know anything about genre fiction so I can't comment on how a book/story about fascism would fit into that milieu. Why not just portray a nice society that doesn't need fascism because it's comprised of friendly, law abiding white people, as was universally the case until very recently? I would also like to read books about these subjects, but I think they may need some more time to develop as people slowly get over the jewish mind virus they've been infected with. And if you were looking for a recommendation, I'll say Starship Troopers are people often do wrt similar questions.
>>
stick to cartoons bud
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.