[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If i publish a novel on Amazon, can i take it out and send it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1497258347883.png (520KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497258347883.png
520KB, 566x800px
If i publish a novel on Amazon, can i take it out and send it to an editor afterwards or im done?
>>
Most editors don't want something published elsewhere.

That being said, I honestly don't know. I can tell you that if your book became popular on Amazon, a publisher could choose to pick it up and publish it under their name
>>
>>9628816
>Publishing a novel on amazon
Why would you ever do this? It's such an awful meme. Self publishing is awful and highly saturated by complete garbage. It's only worth it for people who have large social media followings and can self advertise. Being formally published is not hard if you're genuinely good at writing. Hell, I personally know local authors, that I do not consider to be especially great, who are published.
>>
>>9628860
I dont know, im just so sick of this. I feel like im in the middle of a fucking sea and i already dont know what the hell to do. Also i have many novels anyways so i guess is not that much of a loss. But seriously. Im feeling like killing myself just because of the uncertainty.

People tell me i should publish. Big editors ignore me, that said, i barely send them one email. Small editorials might accept me but i dont know if i should bother with them. People tell me to publish in amazon. People tell me to NOT publish in amazon, since its a waste of time. I just dont know what to do anymore. I just want to be published.
>>
>>9628902
just be yourself
>>
>>9628902
>editors
get an agent
>>
>>9628902
>small editorials might accept my work but I don't know if I should bother with them
What the hell. You're an idiot if you don't start out small first. None of the greatest writers went to the penguin publishing of their day and slammed down their manuscript expecting to be published. Publish where you can and use that to work your way up to bigger publishers. Nobody big cares to look at the work of some random guy who has yet to prove himself in any capacity. I know for a fact that you can get even the shittiest novel published if you get it edited decently and start out with humble expectations. Stop writing more shit until you work on and recieve criticism for your previous stuff. Jesus christ anon. This is why self publishing is so flooded with pretentious wankery and fanfiction tier writing.
>>
>>9628961
No no i already showed my books to a lot of people, thats why i thought i was good enough to publish. But you might be right i guess. Im just so lost.
>>
>>9628970
There are a lot of fiction competitions that have a novel first chapter category. You could try there if you want to see whether or not your stuff is truly good. I promise you that the stuff that wins those competions is mostly garbage written by middle-aged mfa failures, so if you don't at least place you should take a serious look at your writing.

Otherwise, get your stuff edited by a trustworthy editor and submit your work to any publisher you can find.
>>
>>9628902
I think the editors might be ignoring you because they're editors and that's not their job. You should be looking for agents and publishers, mostly just the former. If you've written 'many' novels they're probably awful anyway.
>>
>>9629011
Well i dont think my novels are great, i think they are profitable though and just good enough. Ala Stephen King. Non quality writing, but can reach people, or at least thats how i see it.

Reee me all you want, is just what i enjoy writing.

>>9629001
Ill try to send one to a small editorial from my city just to start and then ill see what to do. Im still really tempted to try amazon, it just seems so easy. That said i read the winner of the last spanish amazon competition and it seemed to be absolute shit, it was like reading erotic fanfiction. So i dont know what to do.
>>
>>9629072
Yeah more than half of them are erotic fiction. I remember reading one last week that started out as what seemed to be a gardening/rural town story and ended up just being lesbian erotica. A lot of the big competitions are blatantly biased towards that garbage, but the smaller ones are generally fine. I'd look around and see what you can find. A lot of submission periods end around this time.

That said, amazon being so easy is why it's an awful idea. The entire thing is a garbage filter for real publishers. If you publish on amazon and do poorly, which is 99.9% of the time, good luck ever getting a decent agent or publisher.
>>
>>9628902
You should write a book on this very subject!
>>
>>9629125
>. If you publish on amazon and do poorly, which is 99.9% of the time, good luck ever getting a decent agent or publisher.

Ouch. Havent published yet but i never thought of that. I never expected to get more than 5 readers for my novel in there if i published it but i had no problem about it because i thought i had other novels to send to agents. That said, what if i use a pseudonym?

>>9629145
Not my kind of thing, but might be a good idea for someone else.
>>
>>9629161
I mean, you can if you really want to I suppose. I'm not sure why you would, since it's largely a waste of time and effort, but go for it if you want to try it out. The fact that you seem to have enough novels to view them as a sort of currency is honestly a bit alarming to be honest. I would never write a second novel before a first is published, but that's just me. Currently just getting short stories published right now anyways while I practice and study writing.

Also, has anyone seen that guy that used to shill his garbage books on amazon every thread? I have not seen him in a while and I'm kinda worried about him desu.
>>
>>9629195
I think im gonna try to publish with another name so that when i fail it doesnt fuck my chances with true publishers. Ill see if it is possible. As for the currency thing, maybe is not that much, i have 2 long novels and 3 short novels.

I dont know about that guy.
>>
>>9629195
Which guy? Gasautist?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.