[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /lit/ - Writer's Block

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Dodrio1.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dodrio1.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
I just don't have the drive to write. I have a story, I think it's good, and I know what I want to happen, but I just can't seem to work up the ambition to continue writing.

I am about 12 pages in so far, but lately, I just feel so unmotivated.

Any tips or tricks from fellow authors?
>>
Play a cool video game like Asuras Wrath or God Hand or something. I just try to change up my pace. Go do something different for a while ya know.
>>
>>9628313
If you don't enjoy writing you should probably stop for a while and reevaluate what you actually want to do. If you're not passionate about your writing it's going to be awful, regardless of how "good" your story is.

If you really need outside motivation, write for a contest that's ending soon. Then you'll have a tangible deadline to meet, and you'll care about the quality of your work.
>>
Hold off all the gay stuff you do, like anime, video games, beating off to waifus, all that until you achieve your writing goals for the day.

Or just be assured that there's like a 99% chance you have no talent whatsoever and are wasting your time.
>>
>>9628437
I do enjoy writing, and I really had fun writing the last novel I did. I dunno, this one isn't working the same for me though. I don't know if it's the novel itself or just something about me is wrong
>>
>>9628313
Introduce a character based off of George W. Bush.
>>
>>9628723
Maybe you're just not so passionate about the story for this novel. That was how it was while I was writing my last short story: I wasn't so passionate about the story and it just felt forced. I ended up having another story idea come to me naturally while I was trying to sleep, and I was able to breeze through the writing. And on that note, try writing some short stories for a bit. Don't force yourself to write a novel when you're not feeling it at the moment.
>>
>>9628779
hmmm.. perhaps you're right. maybe I'll take a few days off, try to write a short story or two, and if I just can't get back into this novel, maybe it's just not meant to be.

Thanks, anon!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.