[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just finished Infinite Jest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 16525497816245.jpg (389KB, 1866x1483px) Image search: [Google]
16525497816245.jpg
389KB, 1866x1483px
What do you all think of this book? all i can say is wow. he has a knack for describing those fleeting, strange, subtle emotions with a brilliant clarity and poignance. the arch of the story is simultaneously reminiscent of a beethoven symphony and a jackson pollack painting. 11/10, would read again. pic unrelated
>>
Charlie M. Brownian Motion is still autocommitted to the crack halfway house, but asks for a tour anyway, which is enthusiastically conducted by Mrs. Benigna Polyp,1 dressed in a mauve Star Trek uniform with cargo pockets large enough to hold ammunition for her Kalashnikov. ‘We are really a house in utero, dedicated to the crack connoisseur,’ says Mrs. Polyp. ‘We were featured last month in Crack Aficionado magazine.’ Brownian Motion likes the curtains, a jaunty ensemble of synthetic rayon and polyester2 in Messerschnitt silver and black.

1. Not to be confused with Benjamin Plop, whose popular nautical shindigs often brought the fish police.

2. No actual need for a footnote here.
>>
>>9627346
what the fuck is this shit?
>>
The book isn't gibberish, and it isn't actually all that pretentious -- a lot of the people who like it are, and Wallace might have been a few years before he wrote it, but it's pretty good. A lot of the entertainment value comes from the fact that you can look closely at pretty much any clause line sentence paragraph page section or chapter and find that it ireally is working hard to signify something. A lot of energy gets spent on metafiction and decoration, but not like a huge amount. It's NOT a Pollock painting, it's more like Bosch.
>>
i also just finished it and i think that a lot of the criticism levied at it is valid and not everyone has to like it

but it made me feel things no other piece of art has, ever, and connected with me on such a deep level that i cannot help but hold a deep love for it
>>
I could tell from reading it that DFW was a homosexual
>>
File: meme_of_the_year.png (215KB, 474x350px) Image search: [Google]
meme_of_the_year.png
215KB, 474x350px
>>9627340

Dropped it at 100 pages. It committed my one and only cardinal sin for fiction: it bored me.

It's a real shame that interesting, fun, funny people don't write novels- or at least don't have the talent to write good ones. Instead we get academics and shut-ins.
>>
>>9627886
but he says he a homodont
>>
>>9627347
a parody
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.