[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you like to listen to while reading /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (148KB, 1193x992px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 1193x992px
What do you like to listen to while reading /lit/?
>>
Buyer's Market
>>
Silence
>>
I miss when she'd pee in my mouth too
>>
>>9627120
>>9627122
What's that?
>>9627123
Lewd
>>
i like to listen to music that would match the book, nothing too distracting. Just enough to help me concentrate but not soo much that it becomes a distraction.
>>
>>9627135
it's an montage album of interviews with victims of sexual assault, mostly child abuse. I went into thinking it was just gonna be edgy but I got fucked up by some of the stories
>>
Rain sounds, seems cringy but idk just makes me feel cozy
>>
>>9627117
depends on what I feel like. Usually just my playlist, though.
Or Tobacco Island on repeat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8yEqco39T8
>>
>>9627135
Do you have any mental retardation issues?
>>
>>9627253
Yeah, I've got an issue with a mental retard. YOU!
>>
XXXtentacion
>>
>>9627120
Only while reading babyfucker I assume.
>>
>>9627268
or When Rabbit Howls
>>
>>9627245

I live in the Pacific Northwest and one year, it rained for 28 days straight. I barely hear it anymore unless it's a real deluge. I used to find it soothing to listen to when I was trying to fall asleep.

I do still like the chiming sound it makes in the eavestrough.
>>
>>9627291
Wow that's crazy, I live in a pretty rain city but at most it rains for a week on and off. I don't think I'll ever get tired of the sound.
>>
>>9627117
my braps
>>
>>9627122

Same
>>
>>9627361
not that guy but yeah, pacific northwest is a little weird like that. It doesn't necessarily rain that much in terms of inches per year, but it's pretty constant for half the year.
>>
>reading lovecraft during the day
>>
>>9627238
You listen to spoken work while reading?
>>
Sleep Reseach Facility or maybe William Basinski.
>>
>>9627263
Oh snap
>>
>>9627117
I prefer total silence
>>
I listen to movie and videogame reviews while I do literally anything
>>
>>9627421
Basinski is great.
Eno's ambient stuff, stars of the lid, just ambient stuff without any rhythm or percussion is fine, sometimes white noise from YouTube. I'll only listen to something while reading if I'm on the bus or something, or the dog next door is barking constantly, any time there's noise..
>>
slow classical music, preferrably performed with 1 instrument (violin piano onl)
>>
Usually video game or anime soundtracks. If you pick the right ones, it's awesome.
>>
nothing
>>
RAINY CAFE
雨のカフェ
مقهى الأمطار
>>
>>9627117
Statistically I think that music that is unfamiliar and without words is the best to do. I know Bukowski liked classical music, Gustav Mahler was a good one for him. I personally like etheral space or chillout music. Brian Eno is good with Ambient music. Maybe Ambient 1: Music for Airports. His Apollo album is popular as well.
>>
>>9627238
what the actual fuck
>>
>>9627117
>listening to anything but white/red noise

It's almost as if you books or something
>>
>>9627371
Underrated post
>>
>>9629402
*hate books or something ...................................

holyfuck im sleep deprived
>>
>>9629412
grow up faggot
>>
>>9627421
>>9627703
both of these anons are patrician (because I agree with them and am patrician)
>>
>>9627719
Maximum cozy. I went into a writing frenzy today as I saw planet mars floating by during the day while Silencio was playing. Fucking hell, it was a moment meant to be.
>>
>>9627443
This is new. Please elaborate anon
>>
>>9629974
I'll be darned
how is that new?
that's what retarded
people do
>>
swans or gybe
>>
Just rain sounds or dark/drone ambient. If it has vocals or even just a real melody, it's too distracting.
>>
>>9630053
Hey!
>>9629974
I like listening to people talk, is all. I get anxious sometimes, and it helps.
>>
>>9627117
I can only focus 100% in total silence. I can read with music, and in public transport I prefer having noise canceling earbuds and music at a low volume because it's better than random chatter but if I have a choice I always choose silence. If I'm studying and have to remember what I'm reading I require silence.

I even turn my computer off, because I don't like listening to the fans (it's not a loud computer, Fractal R5 stock case fans and a custom CPU cooler) while reading.

The only exception to this is the sound of rain or river.
>>
Field recordings of libraries.
>>
>>9629402
Red noise?
>>
File: 5160WJZWHXL.jpg (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
5160WJZWHXL.jpg
39KB, 300x300px
Enya all the way. That and the fantasy playlists on Spotify are great. I switch the playlists out for different books. when I hear a playlist many years later it makes me reminisce on that story, hard.
>>
>>9627117

classical minimalism, piano jazz, instrumental hip-hop (the lo-fi anime shit on youtube, I know it's pleb shit but it's great BGM)
>>
>listening to music
>while trying to absorb a book

Lol, do people really think they are smart enough to do both?
>>
>>9627117
pure silence
>>
>>9627371
I have to return the book in 2 weeks I have no choice
>>
>>9632162
aka brown noise or Brownian noise
>>
>>9630053
More
>>
>>9627117
Your mother's moans
>>
The steady stream of traffic thirty metres outside my window.
>>
>>9627117
None. I prefer reading aloud; it gives an added dimension to the material for me.
>>
>>9632406
I guess that's one way to stop sub-vocalising.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.