[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frankenstein

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1496471478097.jpg (88KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1496471478097.jpg
88KB, 720x405px
>take Lit class for fun
>Frankenstein comes up
>read it twice already and wrote on it before in high school and don't hate it, but am getting cold feet now
>usual science vs. nature, nurture vs. nature, etc, themes are boring and dry as fuck to me
>want to write about something a little zesty
>have to write both a 10 page research paper and a close reading (of a passage or a sentence) essay ASAP

You guys have any guidance for this plebeian?
>>
>>9626585
meditate until you reach a light sleep and you start experiencing daydreams/hallucinations
then just write down any one of those and try to argue it from the perspective of the book

that's something i do, but i haven't had to write a paper in years
>>
Dr Frankenstein is the evil scientist Yaqub.
His monster is white people
Go crazy.
>>
>>9626585
There's the incest themes, Percy's influence on the text, the anaphora of wretch.
>>
>>9626585
>anaphora of wretch
That might be a good one for the close reading...but then again what could even be said about that?
>>9626596
Yaqub? Huh, interesting. Shame the professor would probably flip out if I did somethingl like that.
>>
>>9626599
Also, these are good examples of the stuff I find too cut-and-dry.
>>
>>9626585
AI
>>
>>9626728
Talk about how he might have differed if the books he read were different.
>>
Read do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. Write about the books influence on other books that take the idea of fake people as normal.
Or just write about the rocky horror picture show.
>>
Something to do with the patriarchy
>>
>>9626585

Frankenstein is girl-horror.

>After thinking for days, Shelley dreamt about a scientist who created life and was horrified by what he had made;

MORE LIKE WHAT SHE HAD MADE
>>
>AI
>Rocky Horror Picture Show
Still trying to figure out what empirical articles would even work into these ideas. They're fun though
>girl-horror
everyone knows that
and
>different books
Might work and maybe applies to the monster as well. Hmm.
>>
>>9626756
>>9626596
Are you being serious?
>>
>>9626596
you will get an A if you write this
>>
File: 1495813796831.jpg (452KB, 826x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1495813796831.jpg
452KB, 826x1280px
Wait, let me state some more specific information about the topic proposal that I need to do.

>for the proposal have to answer an "interpretive question"
>answer has to make the reader see the text in a different light
>sources I'll use

I'm not trying to be lazy, but I'm infamously an indecisive person and talking it out with other people helps a lot. I need to get done with at least the proposal and the close reading tonight.
>>
>>9626585
I never got Science VS Nature "Man was not meant to bla bla bla" form that book

What I got is "If you're gonna play god, be fucking responsible for what you make"

The creature was only angry cause no one showed it affection including it's creator, if Frankenstein had just tried to reach out to his creation, it wouldn't have turned in to a murderer.

The real monster was Frankenstein not willing to be a father. Or something.
>>
Mary Shelley's husband Percy was very into the occult. Mary's father was the first modern anarchist (though I don't believe he ever used the word). Mary's mother was a feminist, and so was Mary.

Write it about how the monster represents marginalized peoples, and the book was an occult work designed to "bring fire into the wilderness." i.e., to give a say to oppressed people and make their histories known.

Then follow it by showing how historiography and so on changed in the 19th and 20th centuries and argue that the spell worked.
>>
>>9627618 here.
By the way, Frankenstein is my favorite novel. I've read it half a dozen times now. You can argue also that the monster is a symbol for what society makes women into. Elizabeth is forced to play a number of different roles. Cousin, friend, and wife, and in a way mother after Victor's mother dies. She's literally a patchwork of different people. Meanwhile, Justine is hardly given a trial and her word is ignored at least in part because she's a woman, a theme that William Godwin, Shelley's father, noted in Caleb Williams, which was essentially the first mystery novel.

Finally, Victor himself, despite being a wealthy, educated English man, the most prestigious sort of person one could be at the time, felt stifled by familial responsibility and utterly alone and misunderstood after his mother perished, and tragedy was the result.

The book is an anarchist magical spell.
>>
>>9626585
If it is a female teacher I would focus on the umbilical connection of suffering between the monster and the man, ultimately realizing that the CIS man IS A MONSTER.

PhD Bitches love that shit
>>
>>9626596
A+++ and a sucked dick by a qt black grill if you write this btw
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.