[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0584.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0584.png
2MB, 750x1334px
I have a question. If I created a video game (a video game that had to do with Pokémon) with a set of rules it follows, then we could point to a computer as the thing that makes the game follow the rules I set out for it to follow. But what makes the universe follow the rules that the universe works by? I don't see a massive computer anywhere making the universe work. Is it just done in an invisible way? Can things done in an invisible way even work?
>>
>>9625374
I hate to use the word due to its buzzword tendencies of late, but the universe is a fractally organic entity. It's like a brain itself, and everything we interact with is just that brain's imagination at play.

All of its rules bend in on themselves, so everything appears to be infinitely divisible until energy. Case in point is biology, living matter, the nature of DNA's encoding, and how we learn.

Mm, I guess in a sense you could say the universe is itself an incomprehensibly gargantuan, self-aware computer.
>I mean, when you look inside yourself, be it body or mind or whatever you feel toward spirit/soul, do you not find a universe within yourself resembling the one you're living in?
>>
>But what makes the universe follow the rules that the universe works by? I don't see a massive computer anywhere making the universe work. Is it just done in an invisible way? Can things done in an invisible way even work?

what is this schizo logic
>>
File: IMG_0014.jpg (286KB, 1280x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0014.jpg
286KB, 1280x620px
>>9625374
The premise is dialectical. I think I am using that word correctly (?). i.e: I think you're doing a positivist thing here whereby you attribute the reality of the game to the underlying language of the computer; comparing that to the reality of the universe being attributed to the underlying language of itself. That being shit like mathematics. Which is all well and good, but the "system" or "computer" or "universe" in these cases are all predicated on themselves in a way not too dissimilar from how the anthropic principle works, right?

I am doing a shit job of explaining this, can anyone pick up what I am putting down?
>>
>>9625374
The universe doesnt have rules. We call things rules and laws (law of gravity, laws of thermodynamics, etc) but thats really a misnomer. They can be more aptly described as properties that we have discovered.
For example, Lets say we discover every pentagon has 5 edges. we call it the law of pentagons, stating that, "every pentagon has 5 edges"
Youre pretty much coming along and saying "who makes pentagons follow that law?"
To which anyone could easily answer, if it didn't have 5 edges it wouldnt be a pentagon.
>>
It does so because it is in motion, falling actually. Once you push something off a table it will follow all the rules of physics without needing any further input. And eventually everything will stop falling and then???
>>
>>9625600
The reason people have a hard time imagining the universe falling is because we have a hard time imagining space in three dimensions. Math is the logical game in which we think in three dimensions but it is not innate so to speak. We think in two dimensions because we are innately attuned to time and we imagine time as linear. The reason we are innately attuned to time and not space is because we are conscious of our own mortality, hence the story had a beginning, Middle and end. If we were immortal we could stand in the same space for say a millenium and understand time as non-linear, for what it is, which is relative to the point in which it is observed. Language reinforces mortality and everything which is based in language which is everything in our comprehension also reinforces our linear notion of time, math is an abstraction which represents this fact but it is only an abstraction as our comprehension cannot actually conceive of the true, infinite, possibly more than 3 dimensional space-time. I hope this helps, I am very stoned right now.
>>
no one knows
>>
>>9625636
I forgot to put that language reinforces linearity because it is itself linear as are narratives; "non linear" narratives being a misnomer since those are still linear, they are just like linear in different directions.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.