[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into Kierkegaard? What do I need to read before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Sren_1.jpg (71KB, 401x498px) Image search: [Google]
Sren_1.jpg
71KB, 401x498px
How do I get into Kierkegaard? What do I need to read before starting with him? And what do I start with?
>>
The FUCKING Bible
>>
Read Either/Or
>>
>What do I need to read before starting with him?
Only The Bible, most of what has been written by the Fathers of the Church and random saints along the way, the Western philosophical tradition until Hegel and, probably, lewd 19th century Danish magazines.

Or, get a monography on the guy and use it as a guide in your exploration of his writings, eventually researching for yourself the concepts of other philosophers you are unfamiliar with.
>>
>>9624542
doesnt his hair look exactly like a croissant
>>
>>9624658
doesn't he look exactly like Behethoven
>>
>>9624549
What a beautiful woman. If only more of them looked like this around here.
>>
>>9624542
Hot opinions coming through, step aside:

Read Diary of a Seducer first. Mostly because men are often more honest in their fiction, and understanding the way Regine Olsen affected Soren Kierkegaard is really fucking important. Then read Rudolph Friedmann's "Kierkegaard." It's short, and while the author draws some obviously fanciful conclusions and has clearly drank far too much Freudian Koop-Aid, it will give you a proper feel of Soren Kierkegaard's life in a respect you will not get anywhere else. Then, read Either/Or. Congratulations, you may now read whatever order you want from there.
>>
>>9624859
Funny how Google images suggest Mary Bolkonsky from War & Peace. I always thought she was a qt though she was usually described as "plain" or something like that.
>>
>>9624542
If you genuinely want to understand SAK, then you should read only his non-pseudonymous works. Esp his diaries and short writings if you can get a hold of them. After that you can go back and read the rest (CUP is nice). Most of his psudonymous works are there to shatter readers view, so SAK can enforce his. He's like that ugly greek guy. A bastard.
>>
>>9624542
Start with the Greeks
>>
>>9626106
"Those eyes were more attractive than beauty"
>>
>>9624658
lmao wow fuck
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.