[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how useful and relevant are the lessons and advice contained

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: dale carengie.jpg (333KB, 1616x2560px) Image search: [Google]
dale carengie.jpg
333KB, 1616x2560px
how useful and relevant are the lessons and advice contained in this book to today's autist? (ie me)

i've read the first chapter and plan to re-read it before bed and so far it makes sense
>>
Read Trump's books.
>>
>>9623110
i already have art of the deal so maybe i'll read that after i finish this

are any of his other books good
>>
>>9623102
About just as this?
http://www.chronicle.com/article/50-Years-of-Stupid-Grammar/25497
>>
it's kind of common sense advice, but for people who are socially anxious and don't know the basics of human interactions, it can be quiet helpfull.
i found his other book "how to stop worrying and start living" a lot more interesting.
give it a try, you can't lose anything from reading it. for example, i learned that people who come to you with an issue sometimes ACTUALLY just want enpathy and confort and not solutions and advice. i've always been someone who tackles issues by brainstorming solutions and i think i might have pushed some people away with that approach. so you might find something to take away for yourself.
>>
>>9623233
>wants to rant about grammar
>its

dropped

also, how's that relevant to op's question?
>>
File: WilliamGaddis.jpg (92KB, 902x621px) Image search: [Google]
WilliamGaddis.jpg
92KB, 902x621px
>he unironically reads C*rnegie in 2017
>>
>>9623255
i also purchased how to stop worrying and start living, i'll get to that once i finish this
>>
>>9623102
Overcoming Social Anxiety and Shyness by Gillian Butler will do you more good.

also insight by tasha eurich to develop some self awareness.

this is what "how to win friends...." does to you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W34wyKZlWQ
>>
>>9623118
none of them can be described as "good" even schwartz hates art of the deal and he wrote it
>>
>>9623306
i'll get that next

also the book says to be sincere which is the opposite of how that guy in the video acts
>>
>>9623306
you end up like that guy if you don't really understand what the book is getting at. but you're right, if you use the advice in it and mix it with autism, that might be the outcome.
>>
>>9623102
pretty good because it gives you concrete stuff to do. if you have literal autism (can't read emotion, respond) or are generally unable to look like a functioning human being a book won't help
>>
>>9623306
It just shows you haven't even read it.

One of the premises of the book is that people just KNOW when someone doesn't have their best interest in mind or is just faking every word.
It teaches you how to become interested in others and stop trying to come up with autistic conversation strategies and instead just fucking listen and pay attention to the person you're talking to.It puts you on the path of not being a manipulative prick.
>>
>>9623102
What you get out of this book will vary based off of your personality. I think people complain that this book will make you into a doormat, but that's because I believe it was targeted towards the ruthless, results-oriented businessman who struggles to show empathy for those around him. If you're already a pushover, you should instead focus on finding books that encourage you to assert yourself in a socially acceptable way.

>>9623110
Art of the Deal is not a useful book.
>>
>>9623278
This.
>>
Any good books on how to be more confident/boost self-esteem?
>>
>>9623363

This. I read the book last year and have been using some the advice given in the book in social situations.

Listening is the most important part of a conversation with someone. The more you practice socializing, the easier it becomes to guide conversations with others to the point where they truly feel heard and understood simply because of your conscious attention and body language.

I took the book as stepping stones to become better at interpersonal communication.
>>
>>9623118
Think Big and Kick Ass
>>
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion or Influence: Science and Practice. Both are by Robert Cialdini, and it doesn't matter which you pick since they are pretty much the same book.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.