[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I agree with him whilst still being left-wing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Needing some opinions right now feeling very confused and disenfranchised
>>
his main mistake is mistaking tankies for all of the left. Most leftists hate tankies anyways.
>>
>>9622082
Start with the Greeks and not Youtube, you won't be confused soon enough
>>
Name the fucking man you fucking autist. Was WHO right-wing?
>>
>>9622089
Oh I saw you on /his/ too, why the fuck did you call me a moron? Are you having fun with your little fucking prank you cunt?
>>
>>9622089
the name is in the file?
?????
>>9622088
just to clarify I am reasonably well read and have read through most of the greeks
>>
Your political party makes decisions for you that you blindly follow?
>>
>>9622127
that's not really what I was asking
i'm asking does supporting him directly contradict my position as someone who considers themselves to be left wing
>>
>>9622138
Shouldn't you know that anon?

Also not really, but maybe you should care less about fitting into an arbitrary distinction of left and right and focus more on figuring out what it is that you believe. Don't put the cart before the horse.

Anyway, not really. I haven't really watched much of his stuff so this is mainly just my first impression, but if Jordan Peterson weren't involved in the campus culture war stuff, I probably wouldn't even think to classify him as a man 'of the Right' or 'of the Left'. He doesn't strike me as particular partisan.
>>
Be more specific, OP. How does he contradict leftist thinking?
>>
>>9622155
>not really
this is what I get for mobileposting
>>
>>9622138
Jesus fucking Christ you really need to read the Greeks.
Swear to fuck every dumbshit teen these days can't have an independent thought without resorting to a goddamn Pokedex to tell them what they are
>>
>>9622155
Yeah I agree thanks for the comment.
>>9622158
well I think with transfeminism and identity politics being such a rampant part of leftist thinking nowadays, especially with my generation, him arguing against it and exposing it as forcing a political agenda down people's throats could be seen as contradicting said leftist thinking.
I should have made it clear that i'm not talking about traditional leftist thinking that I would align myself with. Rather i'm speaking about the leftist politics of the younger generation. I guess recently because some of my opinions have become quite socially conservative i've felt almost isolated from what people my age (17) have deemed what it means to truly be left.
Apologies for poor grammar and syntax it's late :/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.