[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tom Wolfe or Hunter S Thompson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Who was the best writer to be born out of the New Journalism movement?
>>
nice homework thread, faggot
>>
W. A rather quiet conservative speculator.
t. wannabe conservationist, but no conservative
>>
>>9621055
I'm in my mid-twenties. Why would I care about homework?
>>
>>9621027
Hunter was a drug addict pseud with a SUPER gay name only given to white trash

Tom was an actual intellectual, educated, Southern gentlemen, had a more original style, unique fashion sense, and had a name like a secret agent
>>
>>9621027
Tom Wolfe is GOAT. Joyce can suck his dick any day.
>>
Havent't read Wolfe, but Thompson is a great prose stylist and his writings are perhaps one of the best expressions on that peculiarly American existential angst of the seventies, the Great, Global Disillusionment that shook the world, fucked totalitarianisms and empires alike and planted the seeds for our current, nihilistic and hypercommunicative, predicament. HST is more of a fiction writer than a journalist as far as I'm concerned, but the epistemological boundary between the two is liquid and undefined, if not nonexistent - his reportage on Ali, for instance, is a great account of the cultural network woven, at the time, between sports, certainty and the myth of the American Dream, regardless of the accuracy of what is reported.
>>
>>9621165
Great summary of Hunter S Thompson. I'm only just starting to get into him, having read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and ...On the Campaign Trial and half way through the Rum Diary.

You should read Wolfe though, start with the Bonfire of the Vanities. It's damn good fun.
>>
>>9621411
Well, you've only got Hell's Angels and the Gonzo Papers series left. I want to get into Wolfe, don't get me wrong, but I've never been able to find his books on the cheap. Now that you've reminded me, I think I'm going to try and score a pdf at least
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.