[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to navigate essay hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1491011484929.jpg (69KB, 395x450px) Image search: [Google]
1491011484929.jpg
69KB, 395x450px
I considered going on /adv/ for this and then realized this was a question for the experts.

So. Yeah. I have to write a lot...
As in, probably 4 5 page essays and a 9 page research paper. Two of the essays are late (but will be accepted)

>not used to writing so much--used to be relatively ok (best student in shit like AP lit) then went downhill when college happened
>very slow writer, easily distracted, probably am a brainlet
>hard to get into the flow; I tend to write disjointed sentences of ideas then poorly connect them together
>there *is* technically plenty of time, next week is 100% free
>feel reasonably well motivated but am still hit writing blocks all the time
>don't know how to pull all-nighters
>will be kicked out if I can't do my essays, am scared out of my mind

I've been using an add-on that blocks certain sites, yet it doesn't help me write any faster.
The two essays I turned on in time did get the top grade in class (both were called "compelling" which was nice) but it feels like a fluke because I know that I've lost my way and am not a real writer.

What advice do you have for me, /lit/?
>>
go to /adv/, nobody writes on /lit
>>
Go to academic advisers and ask for help you faggot

Go to the administration and say you're having panic from the strain or whatever, say you have real life shit going on that is making it hard to focus on all five essays, and they'll maybe help accommodate you
>>
File: no.jpg (34KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
34KB, 500x333px
>>9614693
But they try. That has to count for something...r-right?
>>
>>9614693
yeh also only >>>/adv/ gives replies to this much superfluous text, nobody here reads
>>
>>9614700
I should have left out the /adv/ bit. And 70% of what I said.
>>9614697
Did so already. It helped, but to some extent this is a mess that I got myself into and need to resolve myself.

It's almost like I'm afraid of writing..I'm not sure why.
>>
>>9614679
If your body agrees with caffeine, drink it and a lot of it. Consider going into your room with the door closed or heading to a quiet library that has private study areas. Minimize or ideally, eliminate all distractions. Outline what you want to say, flag with post-it's quotes or citations you want to use. It might even help to write out your intro or first paragraph long hand to get in the mood of writing.

This >>9614697
>>9614708
>It's almost like I'm afraid of writing..I'm not sure why.
You're afraid of the consequences of not handing in the essays, that's why.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.