[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's this one feeling Dostoevsky captures really perfectly,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

There's this one feeling Dostoevsky captures really perfectly, and I think it's what makes him a step above the average meme classics writer. He perfectly gets this feeling that humans get, this ecstatic response we get when we fantasize about doing good things. We don't have to do anything with our life. We don't have to help others. We get the same rush either way just my thinking about doing something with our lives, and just by thinking about helping that guy on the side of the road, as we would if we actually did it. Dostoevsky gets this, and it helps explain to us why seemingly mad characters do what they do. That's why Dostoevsky isn't a meme.
>>
>>9611432

ok
>>
>>9611436
thanks for reading
>>
File: 1496714369505.jpg (38KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1496714369505.jpg
38KB, 663x579px
>>9611432
>tfw you were a pseudo teenager and literally read every Dosty novel but years later you realise you understood none of it and now youve ruined one of hte greatest writers of all tim for yourself and have to reread thousands of pages of dry prose to recover the things you missed
>>
File: FB_IMG_1472456654078.jpg (23KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472456654078.jpg
23KB, 600x388px
>>9611432
Sigmund Freud called the Brothers Karamazov "the most magnificent novel ever written."

And since this board worships Harold Bloom's Yiddish cock, you'll all be glad to know Bloom had a mancrush on Freud. Therefore, the Brothers K replaces all of the meme trilogy and Dosto is crowned king of /lit/.

Trips command it.
>>
>>9611432
Did you read them in the original language?
>>
>>9611459
Reroll
>>
>>9611459
Jung is a better Freud. Although I believe that Jung is largely the next step in the singularity beliefs. Strong discoveries rock your world view, and tend to rewrite them on their terms.
Say, you discover these weird pieces we now call atoms. Everything becomes atoms, until it is found that it is not exactly so. Marx had the same idea of economics, Freud of sexual urges and so forth.
>>
>>9611464
Plus, Freud based all his theories on his own cases with patients, correct?
>>
>>9611470
I read half his book in the army (conscription, don't berate my brains), and that's not the idea I got. They were influential to him, yes, but the man did not live in a vacuum.
>>
>>9611460
fucking die
>>
>>9611460
Opie here, I haven't read an entire novel in the original but I have read a couple chapters of Crime & Punishment in Russian in my classes
>>
>>9611477

>not being a conscientious objector

lmao brainlet
>>
He had a great strength of capturing our inner monologues. More than half of C&P was Raskolnikov mumbling to himself as he ambles around the streets.
>>
I've just started with him a couple days ago. Haven't finished it yet, but I'm currently reading dreams of a ridiculous man.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.