[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts? pure genius or ridiculous Bukowski-wannabe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 71MaimOCAKL.jpg (182KB, 1399x2173px) Image search: [Google]
71MaimOCAKL.jpg
182KB, 1399x2173px
thoughts?

pure genius or ridiculous Bukowski-wannabe?
>>
File: CP9rztLWgAAvI_K.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CP9rztLWgAAvI_K.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
Its title and first page which I found by looking it up both reek of banality. I can tell it was written by a teenage girl, or some mental equivalent.
>>
>>9610975
Thanks for posting this. I was always curious about this book due to the cover and anonymity of the author. My curiosity has been satisfied (which is to say I won't be reading it).
>>
Its the bad anonymous author not the good one (/lit/)
>>
>>9611043
who is the 'good' anonymous?
>>
File: 41VlSfTpfPL._SY346_.jpg (20KB, 217x346px) Image search: [Google]
41VlSfTpfPL._SY346_.jpg
20KB, 217x346px
>>9610966
Anonymous is such a fag.
>>
>>9611055
>(/lit/)
I said right there
>>
>>9610975
Lame. Sounds like a low-budget Holden Caulfield.
>>
>>9610966
It was the first book I've actually threw in the trash after I was done reading it. What a fucking 0/10 piece of shit. ''Anonymous'' has also made the Oxygen Thief Diaries into a YA series now according to GoodReads.

>>9610975
The worst thing is is that this is actually the best part of the book. The rest of the book is even worse and feels like reading a YA novel but without a story to tell.

>>9611215
It is even way worse than you can imagine. Even bringing Holden up is a gigantic insult to Salinger.
>>
We should prank this guy and buy like a thousand copies.
t. anonymous
>>
>>9612188
>guy
>>
>>9610975
>tfw I write like this
Is it worth it to read the whole book if you're a pathetic whingebag?
>>
>>9610975
Ew, I was more or less on board right up until "Their souls I mean." Holdens can make decent narrators if the writer is smart enough, but that one... No.
>>
>>9610966
>>9610975
This guy is a complete asshole, it's only for girls to read, so they can get wet.
>>
>>9610966
This is max cringe shit ... but everyone in this thread is skipping over what should be getting discussed. The book is really only relevant and known because the author used a unique and unprecedented guerilla marketing campaign to promote it.
>>
Read Walking on Glass by Iain Banks; the Oxygen Thief author just lifted the story from that. Seriously, it's exactly the same but told really poorly. At least Walking on Glass has other things going on.

Incidentally, the sequel to the Diary is total trash. It looks like he couldn't get it published with the same house so did it himself and made a really poor imitation of the printing style.
>>
File: IMG_20170608_192213110.png (2MB, 1000x1385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170608_192213110.png
2MB, 1000x1385px
>>9612989
Here's a side-by-side comparison.
They've tried really hard to copy the first book's style but it's a different size, the fonts on the cover are aligned differently and even the shade of brown is different. The font was about 16pt in the first one, they've turned it up to 18pt for this to make it seem longer.
Most tellingly, they had to reuse the same quotes saying good things about the author on the back because there's no way anybody is going to say good things about it. It's rambling, plotless and boring. As far as I can tell, it's just the stuff that S&S told the author to cut out of the first one for being shit.
>>
>>9610966
What's the best book in this genre, anonymous e-authors?
>>
>>9614695
My diary desu
>>
>>9610975
>title seems interesting and makes it seem like it's a book similar to Notes from the Underground or Welcome to the NHK
>It's actually YA garbage
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.