[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita (Nabokov)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Analysis and Opinions.
>>
Good but not as good as Pale Fire, which was not as good as Ada in which none of them were as good as Eugene Onegin so Nabokov was kind of screwed from the very beginning.
>>
>>9610413

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjlpcL2jK3UAhUM52MKHT9NC28Q3ywIKTAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5Lz_f1qjGiA&usg=AFQjCNE2Oc5VFwnt2Wm6sX_gjaWDF7Bidw&sig2=JWPWmKSZV3lMw5PmalovwA

Here's an excellent lecture on the novel.
>>
>>9610413
Fantastic prose and wonderful ending. Overall, it's among my favorite books. I think it is more a book of characters and poetry than of ideas, but not every piece of literature necessarily needs to be the vessel of an idea imho.
>>
>>9610711
Nice! Thanks anon. Will give it a listen, may come back to discuss it if so compelled.
>>
File: IMG_0129.jpg (33KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0129.jpg
33KB, 250x375px
he was clearly struggling with pedophilia.
did you know that he inherited millions from his effeminate and creepy uncle that took a liking to him sexually?
>>
>>9610413

A very good read. I thought it was going to be 'le loli meme' but was surprised by Humbert's sickly sweet prose and his avoidance of naughty words. Part 2 and the ending of the book were phenomenal. Humbert's realization of the horrors he inflicted upon Lolita are pretty haunting, as is his treatment of Lo and the homicidal finale(though this part was almost comical in its absurdity)
>>
>>9610787
Not actually proven or true
>>
>>9610843
i guess speak, memory was a complete lie because it's inconvenient for you.
>>
Lolita is the tragedy of the reader
>>
>>9610711
>>9610765

Just finished the lecture. Was very underwhelmed. Not much of value was said, but I'm sure he was just lecturing to undergrad non-majors mostly, meaning the central discussion to be had was that of the morality of the character, etc, so I don't blame him.
>>
>>9610787
W-What? What do you mean? For real? The Russian Years??
>>
>>9610694
Pushkin was African
>>
It was a great book, beautifully written. At first I thought I'd be disgusted, but Humbert describes everything in such a sweet way, and you can also appreciate how mentally damaged the man is. I remember a part where he mentions hearing Lolita cry while she thinks he's sleeping, and he ignores it for he really doesn't care about who she truly is or could be, he cares about who she is, inside his head.
The ending is beautiful as well, probably the most beautiful ending I've read.
To me, he manages to overcome his attraction to young girls by actually loving Dolores, and I could feel the sorrow he felt when he realised what he had done to her
>>
>>9610905
Lolita is the tragedy of the United States of America.
>>
>>9610879
>trusting a proven pedophile in good fictional "memoirs"
>>
>>9610752
Right.

Nabokov himself said that to him "a work of fiction only exists insofar it affords him with aesthetic bliss."
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.