[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Dark Tower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: hBolqpe.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hBolqpe.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
This was an amazing ride. I tore through it like a glutton. The ending was heartbreaking but I loved it all the same.

What are your thoughts and opinions on The Dark Tower series and for you, what are its various highs and lows?
>>
Although the rest of /lit/ would probably burn me, they are some of my favorite books, though I will concede that they got WAY too meta at the end
>>
>>9609838
Yeah, while I have generally positive things to say about The Dark Tower, the meta bits after the first one in Song of Susannah had me raising an eyebrow every now and again.
>>
ahahahaahahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>9609828
I love the series but I hated a few things
>Wolves of the Calla
>"Roland looks just like me! And now I'm in the book!"
>writing varies from King's best to just fucking shit.

However, I stand by it being a good series overall and I actually thought the ending redeemed it for me a bit. I just wish he had actually put the effort into each book that they deserved and scrapped some of the shitty ideas. Had he had a better long-term plan and a trustworthy and harsh editor dedicated to the series I think it would be more well-respected.
>>
>>9609878
Probably, yeah.

>"Roland looks just like me! And now I'm in the book!"

Yeah, it was pretty indulgent.
>>
>>9609828
>>9609858
>>9609878
literally plebbit
>>
>>9609828
I did read the first book, didn't bother to continue.
>>
>>9609887
>>9gag.com
>>
>>9609887
are you saying the meta parts were good or that the meta parts spoil the whole pot.
>>
>>9609828
Didn't get past the first few pages. Seemed like SKs attempt a making some LOTR fantasy wank, and failing.
>>
>>9609906
i'm unable to enjoy anything that makes me think "i bet this is the kind of book plebbit likes"
>>
>>9609908
>>9609915
Honestly, I feel sorry for people like this.
>>
>>9609915
>being a plebbit reactionary

You sound like a really sad individual. Intentionally holding a contrarian stance to things that you think psueds like makes you worse and generally more pathetic than them.

Something can be flawed, adored by idiots for the wrong reasons, and yet still be worthwhile and redeemable.
>>
>>9610438
I've enjoyed several other books by SK though how about that. Talk about biased assumptions, feel sorry for your own ass
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.