[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reading bad books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: redpill.jpg (298KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
redpill.jpg
298KB, 900x600px
>reading bad books
>>
>Read good books and you will regret it. Read good books and you will regret it. Read good books or read bad books and you will regret it either way.
-M il Sharan
>>
>>9608969
>Cioran
>pic is of Kierkegaard
Is this one of those epic memes were you make up a quote and pseudo intellectuals think it's real?
>>
>>9609073
It's even worse. That's not a Cioran quote; it's from Schopenhauer, I think.
>>
That's true because reading books takes more time (for most people) as opposed to watching bad movies or listening to bad music, which is okay and sometimes advisable as it gives you a understanding of what is good and bad. How are you capable of knowing what is good if you haven't heard what's bad and what is even better, what is 'superior' music. That's why people listen to the same Top40 songs that get played in radio - because that's the best they have heard up to this point (or they don't take interest in music) and they will continue to consume that stuff until they hear music that's better.
>>
Did Cioran become a meme overnight? I saw a picture of him posted for the first time like, a week ago.
>>
>>9609085

Yup, that's correct.
>>
>>9609102
wizardchan and those types of fags spillover from r9k
>>
File: meine suche nach antworten.jpg (59KB, 377x561px) Image search: [Google]
meine suche nach antworten.jpg
59KB, 377x561px
How do I know which are the bad ones?
>>
>>9608969
If I don't read bad books how can I distinguish good books from bad books?
>>
>>9608969
I read comfy genre trash when I'm going to bed or taking a dump. I see no harm in that as long as you aren't too invested. They're quick and easy.
>>
>>9609124

How to spot bad books; if you spot a single one of these, chuck it in the closest fireplace, even if you don't own it

> New York Bestseller
> Has a villain
> young estranged kinda sad and intellectual guy protagonist
> plot can be described in its entirety in a few sentences
> woman author writing about teenage girls
> young adult
> based on a video game
> half the pages are just pictures you color in
> title is "X of the Y" or "X of Y"
> book has a picture of the author

I now saved you from 90 % of bad literature, enjoy the classics!
>>
>>9610384
>Has a villain
In bad literature it's the author.
>>
File: 1488701000329.jpg (8KB, 236x236px)
1488701000329.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>>9610384
>X of Y

I AM NOT A HACK YOU FUCK.
>>
>2017
>he still hasn't made himself illiterate
>>
>>9610384
>title is "X of the Y" or "X of Y"
Fuck, guess I should throw away my copy of "The Dialogues of Plato"
>>
>>9610384
"The Merchant of Venice"
>>
>>9610847
Goonan? Zat you?
>>
>>9611113
>>9611140
No it's completly fine if it starts with a "The", if it was just called "Merchant of Venice" it'd be trash, but now it's pure literature.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.