[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

7/16 publishers have now rejected my manuscript. The last of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Hydraulic-press-crushing-hopes.gif (2MB, 460x317px) Image search: [Google]
Hydraulic-press-crushing-hopes.gif
2MB, 460x317px
7/16 publishers have now rejected my manuscript. The last of them actually bothered with a personal comment, saying that they thought it stuck out in the pile. I searched on Google to make sure it wasn't a copy-paste. That's nice, isn't it?
>>
>>9608447
>16 publishers
Look, an optimist.
Start sending out more.
>>
>>9608447
If you are looking for validation + (you)s

Yea thats pretty rad, im guessing most who get rejected dont get such comments

But you gots a ways to go m8
>>
>>9608452
I live in a small country. That's about it.
>>
>>9608447
What exactly did they say, though?
>>
Just a test, you're not the guy with the, like, 600,000 word manuscript, right?

Also, have you tried getting an agent first?
>>
>>9608920
>Also, have you tried getting an agent first?
probably not because he's probably lying. nobody on /lit/ seems to understand the publishing process and all talk about direct-to-publisher submissions like it's a thing.
>>
>>9608971
enlighten us then, pathetic unpublished humblebragger
>>
>>9609020
>enlighten us then, pathetic unpublished humblebragger
like 1% of publishers accept unsolicited manuscripts. im actually surprised OP was supposedly able to find 16 publishers that accept unsolicited manuscripts. OP should be looking for an agent loves his work and knows all the right people that would like his flavor of work. Once he signs with an agent the agent will start shopping it around to different publishers looking an editor that loves OP's work and wants to edit it.
>>
>>9609020
A simple google search will tell that this is the best way.
>>
>>9609055
Agents tend to be a lot more pretentious than that 10% of publishers so I wouldn't be surprised if people tried to submit to them directly after striking out with 20 or more agents.
>>
>>9609353
that's not what it sounds like though. everyone on /lit/ talks about sending to publishers without mention of any involvement with agents whatsoever. and agents are not "a lot more pretentious". they're just normal people. you've clearly never corresponded with an agent before. you're probably just speaking from what you think a stereotypical agent would be like.
>>
>>9609370
You've clearly never seen a literary agency's site. Over half of them have autistic laundry lists of exactly what kind of special snowflake formatting they want for their submission guidelines in addition to going on and on about how very busy and important they are so you shouldn't be surprised if you don't get any sort of reply or a form rejection copy/pasted by an unpaid intern but at the same time form submissions sent to them will be dismissed.
>>
>>9609424
>what kind of special snowflake formatting they want for their submission guidelines in addition to going on and on about how very busy and important they are
nigger reading shit is half their job, you're trying to impress them. they have that shit for a reason. It doesn't take more than five minutes to follow their submission guidelines, they have piles and piles of MS to read. you want them to pick you so they can make money for you, they're doing you a favour by reading it. talk about ressentiment.
>>
>>9609465
stop saying ressentiment you inveterate faker
>>
>>9609479
I'll stop staying ressentiment when you stop blaming agents for your frustration and sense of inferiority.
>>
>>9609424
>You've clearly never seen a literary agency's site. Over half of them have autistic laundry lists of exactly what kind of special snowflake formatting they want for their submission guidelines in addition to going on and on about how very busy and important they are so you shouldn't be surprised if you don't get any sort of reply or a form rejection copy/pasted by an unpaid intern but at the same time form submissions sent to them will be dismissed.
you dont sound like you're speaking from experience here. i have recently started querying and most agent requests are pretty much the same. it takes a long time to perfect a query but once you have it it barely needs to be changed when sending it to other agents. stop thinking in memes. agents are pretty easy to work with.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.