[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the novel with the weirdest plot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_oik5n2RUEv1shyy8jo1_500.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oik5n2RUEv1shyy8jo1_500.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
What's the novel with the weirdest plot?
>>
The Castle, but "weird" is a shit, pleb word
>>
the bible. a zombie saves us all from eternal suffering if we accept him into our heart
>>
>>9607862
Naked Lunch's plot is pretty strange, about conspiracies and hallucinogenic body horror and whatever the hell Benway was up too.

Also, don't fall to the Bizarro Fiction meme, the writers are pure hacks and they try to hide it behind an air of strangeness.
>>
>>9607870
I'm just having a laugh with friends because we found ot what Gravity's Rainbow was about. Naked Lunch is accurate, yeah.
>>
>>9607875
Gravity's Rainbow plot (and the plot isn't what actually matters) is pretty simple: big nazi meanies make big meanyhead rocket missile and Slothrop tries to destroy 00000 while being hunted and being distracted by more fucking side quests than an RPG character.
Said side quests are what make it so strange, like how his erection can predict V2 attacks in London.
>>
Baphomet.

Klossowski was a weirdo
>>
>>9607936
Wasn't that one of the lads in Bataille's secret society?
>>
>>9607958
Acephale?

probably.
>>
>>9607965
yep, that's the one
uh, he also wrote Sade My Neighbor. I'd have forgotten about that book.
>>
>>9607973
that's not a novel tho'
>>
>>9607988
nah, it's just an essay
Not even a very interesting one, i just read it when i had my hard on for Sade, the literary equivalent to the edgy teen phase.
>>
>>9607993
same here, tho' I preferred Lautreamont.
>>
>>9607999
but Maldoror is fucking excellent, anon
Maldoror himself is one of the most memorable villains of all time. It's not just Lautreamont's fetishes being thrown at you with occasional breaks for the writer to go dude virtue is bad for you because we live in non-virtuous times just go rape someone lmao.
>>
>>9608012
not just anyone
>fucks a shark

which reminds me, jumping the shark is overrated, perhaps we ought to bring the fucking the shark meme into unholy existence?
>>
>>9608018
The shark fucking scene is the greatest moment of all transgressive fiction, except maybe the Business Card scene in American Psycho.
It's such a shame it's in the second chant, it makes the book feel like it blew it's load too early.
>>
>>9608029
yeah, somehow god in a brothel just didn't do it as much as the shark did, though the Oscar Wilde/Dorian Gray bit with what's his face? Melvin? was pretty funny or so I recall.
>>
>>9608035
>somehow god in a brothel just didn't do it as much as the shark did

I think that's because of how it's written. Maldoror doesn't rape the shark or any edgelord shit like that, at the beginning of the scene, he's complaining that he feels lonely and wants a lover and obviously he's an extreme misanthrope so a woman won't do. Then after the boat starts sinking and he sees the shark eat the boy and fight the other sharks, he goes to the see and the entire scene is written like two lovers who finally found each other, with Maldoror stating that he finally has someone to share his ideas with and the shark holding him in her fins. It's such a surreal scene, more because of how it's written than the content itself.
>>
>>9608046
>or any edgelord shit like that,

haha
>>
>>9608048
hey, fucking a shark isn't edgy if you're romantic about it.
>>
>>9608059
you must be australian!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.