[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Borges difficult to read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: borges.jpg (137KB, 750x675px) Image search: [Google]
borges.jpg
137KB, 750x675px
Is Borges difficult to read?
>>
>>9606866
Only Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius. His first story of Ficciones.
>>
Well most of his stories can be read in something like 15 minutes, so why not just find out.
>>
>>9606916
I'm poor and his collected fictions is ~$12
>>
>>9606943
Read a PDF of one or two stories. They're only 15 minutes long like that guy said.
>>
>>9606866
Borges is used in a lot of mid-level spanish classes as reading/discussion material. If a college sophomore with no background in literature can understand his short stories, so can you.
>>
>>9606866
Only can speak for the English translation but no, not at all
>>
I don't think so
>>
>>9606866
Not in a sense that his prose is heavily cryptic like Joyce or disjointed. Quite the opposite. On the other hand to fully grasp his subject matter you'd need a cursory understanding of the occult, especially Hermeticism. And philosophically speaking his work is very dense.
>>
>>9606891
I had no trouble with that oen
>>
>>9607037
"Very dense" is a bit of a stretch. Pic related is one of his more famous pieces, Borges y Yo ("Borges and I" in English). It's got some depth, but hardly enough to require prior reading.
>>
>>9607057
Well there is an exoteric meaning that's easy enough to grasp in many of his vignettes. I just think its a waste if you're not getting the most out of what you are reading.
>>
I read the book of sand in my high school english arts class. I went to a retard (continuation) high school too. That said everyone in the class hated it except me.
>>
>>9607057
This seems pretty easy to grasp, though
>>
The book I read was Labyrinths.

https://mega.nz/#!R3RzBLDJ!991-gcg_RdRNXQB793jH3WrjeyGSmuNgVNraaYqahsQ
>>
>>9607102
It is. The Spinoza reference went over my head at first, since I'm not a phil student, but google exists.

Some of his stories are a tad more complex, but unless you obsess over catching every name-drop and reference, they're just shy of light reading.
>>
>>9607039
Then no.
>>
>>9606866
yes he's blind
>>
Not really but you should reread him from time to time
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.