[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nostalgia Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: bs1.jpg (54KB, 342x499px) Image search: [Google]
bs1.jpg
54KB, 342x499px
>Post your favorite nostalgia-tier books.

(Don't bully others, we all liked something dumb at some point)

I remember having to wait for the Scholastic Book Fair catalog to come to grab pic related. Read all of them.

>That unique feeling of having to wait months at a time before you could order the next book in the series you were absorbed in.
>>
Holy shit, I think I remember seeing that.

One of my books was the Avalon series.
As far as I remember, I was fascinated firstly, because I liked fantasy and magic, but also because I hated the main character. She was so fucking alien to me, I loved reading about her.

Apparently, it's getting a series soon? But I don't know about that.
>>
File: IMG_3682.jpg (75KB, 253x391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3682.jpg
75KB, 253x391px
the books i remember are

>in cold blood
>everything brett easton ellis
>tam the untamed
>hannibal

then puberty hit and i started reading chicklit

>everything marian keyes wrote

after that i had a huge murakami and irving phase, re-read the pigeon a few times.

then adulthood got to me and i stopped reading fiction. such is life.
>>
>>9606502
Got it for cover art and sketches, but liked the story too.

Couldn't get more than the first two though. Hunted for the third book for the longest time.

Also, Garth Nix's keys to the kingdom series, a really lovely setting for fantasy
>>
i read the hobbit you fuckin PLEBS
>>
File: images (22).jpg (23KB, 307x479px) Image search: [Google]
images (22).jpg
23KB, 307x479px
Kino
>>
It was my first real step outside of Harry Potter esque fantasy shit.

Speaking of Harry Potter, waiting in line for the last book was a pretty nice experience. Nowadays all my favorite authors are dead people so I can't do that.
>>
>>9606502
Wew, that brings me back. Always wanted to read more from the guy but I don't think he really went anywhere.
>>
>>9607318

I remember being completely entranced by that book.
>>
Darren Shan's demonata and cirque de freak series was the shit back in primary early secondary school
>>
>>9607392

You and me both man

it had the sort of dreamlike child-logic that really appealed to my 3rd grade mind
>>
File: images (5).jpg (25KB, 226x346px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
25KB, 226x346px
>>
File: IMG_2516.jpg (47KB, 228x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2516.jpg
47KB, 228x346px
I started seriously reading with Oisín McGann and Philip Reeve. "The Gods and their Machines" and "Small-Minded Giants" by the former. The "Mortal Engines" Quadrilogy by the Latter.

I don't think I'd ever go back and read them again though. I enjoyed them as a kid and I'm happy to keep them that way in my head. I'm worried that rereading them would ruin them for me. As they're no doubt much more simplistic than I recall.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.