[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*Blocks your path*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: bob_dylan_0.jpg (234KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
bob_dylan_0.jpg
234KB, 1280x960px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zf04vnVPfM
>>
Goddamn he has such a great speaking voice. Dude should do audiobooks.
>>
he quotes moby dick

“Some men who receive injuries are led to God, others are led to bitterness.”

but that quote is not in the book. what did he mean by this?
>>
>>9602788
he emphasizes words in a weird and sporadic way. as if he's speaking english as a second language.
>>
>>9604343
It means that old Bobby did a little too much wacky tobacky back in the day
>>
Bump. I'm 65 and always thought of Bob as MY older brother. Seen him in concert three or four times, but he never looked at me with some metaphysical message.

If you like this, you'll love the audiobook he did of his autobiography.
>>
>>9602788
>Dude should do audiobooks.

fuck I'm hard now
>>
>>/mu/
>>
When I feel the masses are trying to force artistic works down my throat I immediately back away. Forced memes are undeserving of my attention.
>>
>>9607125
I, too, felt the forcedness of Bob's declaration. And didn't like it.
>>
>>9607125
Did you even listen to it?
>>
>>9607125
>>9607139
the only thing he's forcing is the admission that he hasn't cared about literature since grammar school but that, like it or not, he was influenced by those books they forced him to read
>>
>>9604343
He did it on purpose.
>>
>>9607269
Why?
>>
>>9604696
this
personally, i found it annoying.
>>
Not sure why, but Bob Dylan always struck me as an urbanite Jew who has very little connection to the rural folk style he is famous for.
It comes across as if he adopted their musical style and then replaced the traditional-minded lyricism with a kind of progressive cosmopolitanism. Then, Because it aligned with their subversive motives, he used his Jewish connections in the record industry to gain wider acclaim and further push his message.
>>
>>9608673
Yeah anon, you're on to something, Bob Dylan definitely invented the whole "dealing with political issues through folk songs" thing! We have a true Alan Lomax here boys! Someone call the Smithsonian!
>>
>>9608673
Read books please
or stop posting
>>
>>9604343
seriously though, what the fuck did he mean by that?
why would he do that?
>>
>>9608673
Fucking a man. That's a well put critique of his work. Especially if you keep this in mind when watching No Direction Home.
>>
>>9607064
shut up old cuck. sean penn did the reading for his autobiography
>>
>>9604696
faulkner imitation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOg30JBnik8
>>
File: 1495947151828.jpg (85KB, 650x420px) Image search: [Google]
1495947151828.jpg
85KB, 650x420px
>>9608673
>>
I feel like there is some connection between Bob Dylan and Victor Hugo.
>>
>>9604696
>>9609332
I got a Tennessee Williams vibe myself, whom Dylan is a fan of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMxlQbIp2TU
>>
>>9602111
Turn on the oven.
>>
>>9611085
how so? I love Dylan, does this mean I should read Hugo.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.