[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fuck did I just read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 503443.jpg (57KB, 283x463px) Image search: [Google]
503443.jpg
57KB, 283x463px
The fuck did I just read?
>>
One of the most important theoretical works of the past century
>>
>>9595411
A highly influential, albeit dated, analysis of technology's effects on man, specifically in the wake of the postwar economic boom. It's good, OP, give it another shot
>>
>>9595411
Marshall McLuhan - Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man
>>
>>9595467
Actually, I really enjoyed it, but I think I understood 20% or so. I will reread it, but I want to read another McLuhan's works before.

What would you recomend me? Besides The medium is the massage.
>>
>>9595657
The Gutenberg Galaxy.
t. different anon
>>
>>9595411
What do you think?
>>
>>9595657
Medium is the message is his most important work though.
>>
>>9596143
You mean massage? It's pretty shitty and not very substantial. It's just a hodgepodge of pics and quotes. Understanding Media is his best, and most important.
>>
>>9595657
I get you. I'm really interested in his ideas, but his writing style has always been weird and indigestible. Definitely plan giving it another shot.
>>
Loose ramblings with a lot of self-contradiction and a clear lack of organization, but that stumbles upon brilliant insight along the way.
>>
>>9596170
everyone listen to this guy. he's right. medium is the massage is best viewed as a work of modern art or something.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.