[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think of ubik ? what is the meaning of it ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ubik.jpg (47KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
ubik.jpg
47KB, 333x500px
what do you think of ubik ?
what is the meaning of it ?
>>
I liked Ubik. Interesting characters, cool concept.
>>
The meaning is that Inception stole everything from Ubik and Neuromancer
>>
it meant that if we ever get to live in self-authored realities, Watch out!
>>
File: 60588605.jpg (70KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
60588605.jpg
70KB, 960x960px
The whole thing felt like a set up for the twist in the last page.

Pic related, my face when I finished it.
>>
>>9594798
Inception stole from Papurika though
>>
>>9595645
I don't think it was. The twist was great and was pretty predictable. But just like any good sci-fi the invention of strange things, like the cryogenic machines or the psychic powers were all interesting concepts. The split when the explosion happened was a cool way to split the concepts the book was trying to show. The first half being a very traditional Dick book, while the second half focusing more on surrealism. The symbolism of the Ubik product was a great jab at consumerist society. The book covers a lot of different little parts that add up to an enjoyable time.
>>
>>9595752
Oh, I wasn't being negative about the it as a whole, I just prefer books with twist(s) in the middle with the rest of the story building upon it.

That being said, I've never read anything else from Dick, maybe would have enjoyed Ubik more of did.
>>
>>9594733
Why was PKD so obsess with with death?

Half his character are dead or about to die
>>
>>9595807
Oh I getcha. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is much more straightforward, but still pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>9595649
you mean the don rosa scrooge mcduck comic where the beagle boys went into his dreams
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.