[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know /lit/ likes to shit on everything, but what did you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I know /lit/ likes to shit on everything, but what did you guys think about this series? I thoroughly enjoyed it and meet the author, seemed like a really nice guy and he's adamant about expanding the universe. Judgment inbound; I think this is easily in my top favorite right up there with Ender's Game and Cloud Atlas.
>>
YA bullshit that in the end isn't even good leftist reading material
>>
>>9594637
Yep, figured that'd be how /lit/ responds. Snobs where nothing makes you happy.
>>
>>9594670
This reply makes me sad. Post in the scifi/fantasy general? Maybe people will be nicer.
>>
>>9594670
The Greeks make us happy.
>>
>>9594670
>asks opinion, gets it, whines

It's shitty ya commie fiction. Too bad commies aren't fictional like nazis.
>>
>>9594670
/lit/ is full of pseuds. Welcome.
>>
>>9595527
I expected /lit/ to be more constructive or verbose, not "hurr YA bullshit."
>>
>>9595541
it is that simple
>>
>>9594670
Hahahah baited hahahahaha
>>
>>9594631
What are the books about? Are they like the gone series? I haven't read your series or the Gone series, but I have read animorphs. How come you met the author?
>>
File: Red+Rising+4+Cropped.jpg (62KB, 557x557px) Image search: [Google]
Red+Rising+4+Cropped.jpg
62KB, 557x557px
>>9595590
In the future, society has been divided into a caste system based on colors (Reds, Golds, Violets, Silvers, etc), with each color fulfilling a different role that needs to be played out for society to flourish. In the mines of Mars, the Reds have been digging/mining for generations because they must mine stuff to teraform the planet so people on Earth can have a new safe home.

The main character, Darrow, is the best miner in his clan, and is denied tribute/quarterly prize because the system is bullshit. His wife Eo has two surprises to show him to cheer him up, one being that she leads him down a secret mining tunnel that brings to them to a small garden on the surface of Mars. The planet is covered in grass, trees, fireflies, whatever. Eo explains that she thinks everyone is being lied to, and implores Darrow to rebel against the system, to which he says he's just a single man, there's no way that's true, it wouldn't work.

The two get caught, and are subjected to public whipping. Since Darrow is one of the best miners, his punishment is televised and everything about it is a grand affair, with the Arch-Gov of Mars (a Gold) watching everything. Darrow is subjected to his punishment, and when Eo gets up to suffer hers, she rebels and does something that is very forbidden.

Shit greatly escalates from there, and it's definitely not the traditional rebel-story or "weak against the strong" bullshit. It's like Ender's Game + Song of Ice and Fire + Lord of the Flies + The Hunger Games + a little dash of Dune. It's full of sexuality, carnage/violence/action, and everything else. It has a great number of plot-twists, and many instances where the main characters know more than the reader, which bring about interesting situations. There's a large amount of Roman/Greek mythos/culture stuff here, and yeah.

I got to meet the author at Phoenix ComicCon just a little bit ago, and had a great 5-10 minute conversation with him about how much I loved the series, what his plans are for the film version, etc. He shares my obsession for Ender's Game, and was also disgusted at what they did with the film version of it, so he agreed with me that his story requires it to be close to the text. I also gushed about how good the audiobook was, because the dude who reads it did an absolutely stellar job.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.