[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-writing writing thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I'll probably self-publish a novel soon.

Any good ideas on how to shill about it and actually sell it? I'm not much of a marketeer myself. Any writers here can give tips and tricks for non-writing stuff?
>>
I suggest you 'accidentally' realize a sextape
>>
>>9594514

You could spam daily discussions threads on /lit/, even though I'd hate to read your threads personally.
>>
find some crap DIY book online (there are many), set up a wordpress blog and an Amazon affiliate account, flog the thing via both Createspace (paperback) and Kindle (ebook).

the hardest part is marketing the thing, not writing it or self-publishing.

good luck!
>>
I know more about music releases but I believe it's the same premise. So there are two aspects to self marketing a product. Availability and awareness. You'll first want to make sure your product is available on as many platforms as possible. Yes Amazon has 80% of the online market share, but those other 20% sometimes have cult followings or target markets more friendly to whatever your content is. Second you'll want to make a press kit. I'm not sure exactly what would go into one for a book, but assumably it would have the book, a short biography of you, and a summary of your book. Go google anything else it needs. I would make a website for yourself as an author. Super simple and eloquent in Wordpress so that you have a professional email and a homepage for people to go to. Blog about your book or the marketing process or something like that. Send the press kit to as many outlets as you can. Small blogs, big publishers, etc. I suppose the equivalent of a live show would be a reading or something, if you can afford it get a hundred hard copies made so you can pass them out or sell them at events. Join as many local writing organizations as you can. Network. Meet people.
>>
>>9594557
>>9594566
Thanks. I'll definitely do that. I also make music sometimes so it works.
>>
>>9594514
You can also post some horror stories and bad/good experiences with this whole business, to spice up the thread.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.