[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bohemianism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

we have our little community here, in cyberspace, and that's cool. but if you're anything like me, you don't really know many people who read and write in real life, or if they do it's mostly academic.

i know it's probably just a lot of romanticized shit, but left-bank paris when all those authors were there seems like a pretty cool spot to be, even if it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. i say we pick a city and all move there and live the romantic life on the dole as down and out bohemians.

my vote would be for mexico city, but i'm open to suggestion.
>>
File: 1468169604917.png (211KB, 550x578px) Image search: [Google]
1468169604917.png
211KB, 550x578px
>>
>willfully abandoning your home country, therefore negating your patriotism
Not patrician at all senpai
You're all a bunch of pseuds anyway, there's nearly nothing to gain from meeting faggots like you irl
>>
>>9594228
unsubscribe
>>
>>9594121
Baltimore's pretty chill
>>
>>9594121
Oklahoma City is the obvious choice
>>
File: 1495315569074.jpg (373KB, 1016x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495315569074.jpg
373KB, 1016x1024px
St Petersburg
>>
>>9594412
As in nothing ever happens here? I'd agree with that. Thank good I'm leaving in a few months.
>>
>>9594412
>>9594474
im already in dc so itd be close

>>9594450
yoo i like this idea
>>
Hengelo, The Netherlands makes a great place to live for any aspiring writer. I promise.
>>
>>9594523
yo what is good with delft? i visited once and it seemed mad cozy. does everyone in the netherlands like nescio
>>
>>9594534
Hengelo > Delft but still good. Lots of smart people live there I guess. The only person that I know that has even read Nescio is my brother. We both like it. All my other friends read scandinavian crime thrillers.
>>
>>9594490
DC is infinitely better than Baltimore, especially for a writer.
>>
>>9594523
German anon here. I am currently trying to improve my prose and I feel like I have to get out of my place to really be able to do so. If you can offer a couch to crash on for a week or so I'll come by and we can read and write together a bit. 100% srs
>>
>>9594424
!!!! let's do it! Oklafag here
>>
>>9594534
Barely anyone has even heard of Nescio. Most people know Mulisch and Hendriks, but that's where their literary knowledge ends.
>>
>>9594602
damn i thought he was more famous. wish he had written more

>>9594583
if you can get to washington, youre welcome to crash at my spot

>>9594589
>>9594424
isnt tulsa more /lit/? saying that based solely on rumblefish
>>
>>9594605
if getting to the US wasnt such a goddamn pain in the ass I would take you up on that offer in a heartbeat...
>>
Probably some shitty City like Sarajevo.
>>
>>9594633
what makes it a pain? most us-origin flights to europe ive taken go through frankfurt. or its just expensive?
>>
>>9594672
It is rather expensive, yes. Apart from that Europeans also have to apply for a short-term Visa to visit, I think. Last time I did that it was quite the hassle. To be honest the price of a flight is a problem in and of itself already, as I am a student.
>>
Most patrician city this side of Panama.
>>
None of us want to say it, but New York is the obvious answer.
>>
Ya right like I want to meet a bunch of stinky NIGGERS
>>
>>9595600
yeah totally dude, we can bounce ideas off of jonathan franzen and rachel cusk, good call. ill work as a waiter at a tapas restaurant. new york is perfect, because its a middlebrow yuppie disneyworld filled with people who listen to npr podcasts. perfect.
>>
>>9594575
This. I could actually see a bohemian lifestyle circlejerk like OP wants happening at any number of pretentious sidewalk cafes in DC. Trouble is living there among whites is expensive af.
>>
Zürich so that we could all chil in the grand cafè odeon
The place where Lenin, Joyce, Hesse and Mussolini were drinking their coffee.
>>
>>9595800
isnt a bottle of water like $20 in zurich
>>
Probably somewhere cheap but highly populated, so not anywhere in North America or Western Europe.
>>
>>9595618
If you don't think the bourgeois exist everywhere, you're deluded.

New York has a shit ton of culture, even the most disgusting aspects of its commercial culture gives it merit for an artist - you have to understand what you love and what you hate.
>>
>>9595806
Well it depends where you buy it but wages are usualy pretty high in switzerland(but you shouldnt go to the odeon or other cafès clubs bars etc every day)
>>
>>9595618
What do you think Paris was like? Do you think it was all cheap fun? You're an imbecile
>>
>>9595806
>>9595829
And you can drink fountain, lake and river water if hydration is your concern
>>
>>9594682
Fuck yes, I came here to post this. Stuck in Seattle right now, but I'm looking to move over sooner rather than later. Help me, Islandbro.
>>
Lviv/Lwow/Lemberg

Old city. Cheap.

Connected to a grid. Europe.

Small city, but so is London.

Student city, forever young.
>>
>>9595616
this but unironically
>>
>>9594121
>t. american
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.