[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was the last 'excellent' book you read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: 23554426554675465.jpg (91KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
23554426554675465.jpg
91KB, 700x394px
what was the last 'excellent' book you read?
>>
>>9593577
>*good

>ftfy
>>
>>9593577

montesquieu "spirit of the laws", when I realized that this is the cause of the division of the 3 powers:

"constant experience shews us that every man invested with power is apt to abuse it, and to carry his authority as far as it will go. Is it not strange, though true, to say, that virtue itself has need of limits?
To prevent this abuse, it is necessary, from the very nature of things, power should be a check to power. "
>>
>>9593577
F: Charles Portis, True Grit.
NF: Georges Gusdorf, La Parole.
Both in December of last year.
>>
The Magic Mountain
>>
>>9593577
The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner by James Hogg
>>
Your favorite book.
>>
>>9593577
Le Rouge et le Noir
>>
>>9594964
SHE DIED HUGGING HER CHILDREN

i feel sorry for you. excellent. my god.

Turgenev's Sportsman Sketches. Even Joyce found them to be his best.
>>
The Sport of Kings - C.E Morgan
>>
>>9593577
prometheus bound was excellent, but the real one will always be ulysses. when I finished it I knew I would never read something as good
>>
The Opposing Shore by Gracq

Absolutely blew my mind. Easily the best prose I've read in a long time
>>
>>9594990
>ulysses
how can I hope to ever understand this, I've read about a dozen literary theory books
>>
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
>>
>>9594866
talk about this one anon, i've been meaning to read this
>>
The Fountainhead
>>
ready player one
>>
Stranger in a Strange Land
>>
Satantango by Laszlo Krasznahorkai, finished it a few hours ago. Before that it was The Loser by Thomas Bernhard which I finished about a week ago.
>>
>>9594964
Yeah its pretty fuckin great
>>
>>9593615
if im reading this correctly, he's off-base

Moldbug sez: it is not absolute power that corrupts, but shared power. A return to traditional intl law and its balance-of-power approach will keep the odd megalomaniac in check.
>>
>>9594990
Finnegans Wake
>>
>>9594866
My brother. Why is Naphta so perfect?
>>
>>9593577
Hamlet, because it is the only excellent work to exist
>>
>>9593577
Fuck god we're gay
>>
>>9596069
Naphtha?
>>
>>9594978
Fuck this is on my list but there are so many other things I want to read

A farewell to arms
>>
Dream Story
>>
Red Laughter by Andreev.
>>
>>9593577
Stoner
>>
>>9594866
>das scharf dünstende dunkel der achselhöhlen
Mann gave me an armpit fetish
>>
The Old Man and The Sea gave me deep feelings
>>
>>9593577
The Making of the Indebted Man
>>
>>9594858
My mind initially read F and NF as "Frat" and "Not Frat" and was very confused.
>>
Ulysses. I finished it 3 months ago and nothing has matched up since. I'm reading The Recognitions right now, though, and it might just join those ranks.
>>
>>9596813
join the club. i feel so empty now.
>>
>>9593577
Satan's Diary by Leonid Andreyev.
>>
>>9597794
physical copy?
>>
The winter of our discontent, still iffy about the very last scene but loved it overall.
Never really seen it talked about here on Lit. What did you guys think of it?

East of Eden or grapes of wrath next?
>>
>>9593577
Well, I just finished Winesburg, Ohio about an hour ago. That book is definitely a masterpiece. I recommend everyone here read it if they have not already.
>>
>>9596813
>>9596827
KEK ya lets all smoke pipes drink scotch and wear eyepatches xDDD LMAO
>>
above poster is a gay loser
>>
>>9597817
Yes, in Spanish btw.
>>
>>9597865
Fuck yes
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.