[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I give to you the anti-meme trilogy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: trilogy.png (580KB, 1095x544px) Image search: [Google]
trilogy.png
580KB, 1095x544px
I give to you the anti-meme trilogy.
>>
Oh yes I like it
>>
I really don't like the available translations of Gracq (monolinguist here, sorry). I feel like it's not much better in French either, but I could be wrong. Tartar Steppe is really one of my absolutes. Need to read Junger.
>>
>>9589946
> I feel like it's not much better in French either

You've got to be shilling me. Rivage is honestly a 10/10 book with god-tier purple prose in french. Intoxicating doesn't describe it enough. Finishing it was such a "Wow, best book ever" feel.
>>
>>9589881
On the Marble Cliffs is Junger's best. All the simpletons who glorify storm of steel without seeing the growth of junger as a writer and his characters as men is saddening.
>>
>>9589881
A book that fits these thematicall would be Coetzee's Waiting for the Barbarians
>>
>>9590001
I haven't read Storm of Steel but I think I agree with you. Mature Junger seems easily to best the best Junger. I think Marble Cliffs is kind of weird to read, so it filters a lot of plebs out. Have you read his journals by any chance? I want to get a couple volumes but don't know which are best.
>>
>>9590006
Sounds good but for some reason I always conflate Coetzee with Coelho. I apologize.
>>
>>9590211
No but for me the ideal reading is Storm>Glass Bees>Cliffs>Eumswil
>>
not bad
>>
>>9589881
God I hate this website
>>
>>9591691
Get out son of a bitch
>>
>>9589881
The Tartar Steppe>On the Marble Cliffs>The Opposing Shore

But they're all interesting. Buzzati and Junger are both a fair bit better than Gracq though.
>>
>>9593117
Agree to disagree. Gracq is amazing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.