[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't find the source

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 12

File: Submit.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Submit.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
/lit/, I have been desperately searching for the source of a line for months now. I cannot remember who wrote it, but am certain that it was a 20th century author. The line, paraphrased, goes something like this:
>So great was his love for her, it would have torn open his casket had the flower she placed there not been so heavy.

Does anyone recognize this sentiment? It's driving me insane... In the meantime I suppose I'll post a stupid series of images I made with Michelangelo's prisoners in attempt to update John Carpenter's slogans from his adaptation of Ray Nelson's "Eight O'Clock in the Morning."
>>
File: Comment.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Comment.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
>>9589339
>>
File: Watch TV.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Watch TV.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
>>9589339
>>
File: Share and Repost.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Share and Repost.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>9589339
>>
File: Doubt Humanity.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt Humanity.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
>>9589339
>>
File: Yield.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Yield.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
>>9589339
last one :^(
>>
File: VENUS_KALLYPGIE.jpg (4MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
VENUS_KALLYPGIE.jpg
4MB, 3000x3000px
>>9589339
Offering more OC from similar series
>>
File: MERCURY_PSYCHE.jpg (4MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
MERCURY_PSYCHE.jpg
4MB, 3000x3000px
>>9589339
>tfw alone with a cuppa tea and some Kierkegaard on Friday night
I love you guys. Share comfy /lit/ feels in the meantime while I dump? What are you lads reading tonight?
>>
File: APOLLO_DAPHNE_b.jpg (4MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
APOLLO_DAPHNE_b.jpg
4MB, 3000x3000px
>>9589339
>Johannes!
>I do not call you mine, I fully realize that you have never been that, and I am severely enough punished for having allowed this thought to delight my soul. And yet, I call you mine: My seducer, my deceiver, my enemy, my murderer, the cause of my unhappiness, the tomb of my joy, the abyss of my wretchedness. I call you mine and I call myself yours, and just as these words once flattered your ear which you proudly inclined toward my adoration, so now they shall ring out like a curse upon you, a curse in all eternity. Rejoice not at the thought that it might be my intention to pursue you or to arm myself with a dagger and thus arouse your derision! Flee wherever you will, I am still yours; go to the ends of the earth, I am still yours! Love a hundred others, I am still yours; yes, even in the hour of death I am yours. The very language I use against you must prove to you that I am yours. You have presumed to deceive a human being so that you have become everything to me, so that I would stake all my bliss on becoming your slave, I am yours, yours, yours, I am your curse.
>Your Cordelia
>>
File: LAOCOON_SONS_b.jpg (3MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
LAOCOON_SONS_b.jpg
3MB, 3000x3000px
>>9589339
>Johannes!
>There was a rich man, he had exceeding many flocks and herds; there was a poor little woman, she had only a single ewe lamb, which ate from her hand and drank from her cup. You were the rich man, rich in all the splendors of the earth; I was the poor creature who possessed nothing but her love. You took it, you rejoiced in it; then passion beckoned you, and you sacrificed the little I possessed; of your own you were unable to sacrifice anything. There was a rich man, he had exceeding many flocks and herds; there was a poor little woman, she had only her love.
>Your Cordelia
>>
File: 1490230449075.jpg (272KB, 832x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490230449075.jpg
272KB, 832x1200px
I appreciate these images. I don't have any thing aesthetic, but I do have this controversial webcomic
>>
File: ANALOG_COVER.jpg (4MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
ANALOG_COVER.jpg
4MB, 3000x3000px
>>9589339
>Johannes!
>Is there no hope at all? Will your love never waken again? That you loved my I know, even though I do not know what it is that assures me of this. I will wait, no matter how heavy time hangs on my hands. I will wait, wait until you grow weary of loving others; then shall your love for me rise up from its grave, then will I love you as always, thank you as always, as before, Johannes, as before!
>Johannes, is your heartless coldness toward me your true nature? Were your love, your generous heart duplicity and untruthfulness? Have patience with my love, forgive me for continuing to love you! I know that my love is a burden to you, but the time will not fail to come when you return to your Cordelia. Your Cordelia! Hear this pleading word! Your Cordelia, your Cordelia!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.