[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it bring anything to the table, that is exclusive to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: DaVinciCode.jpg (57KB, 320x479px) Image search: [Google]
DaVinciCode.jpg
57KB, 320x479px
Does it bring anything to the table, that is exclusive to the novel, compared to the movie? Am I just being a pleb for asking?
>>
The movie is shit and so is the book. Waste your time on something better.

t. /lit/ and /tv/
>>
Seriously don't get why it became so damn popular. Makes me suspect some shenanigans went on, like with Rowling.
>>
File: Celestine Prophecy - Redfield.jpg (48KB, 318x475px) Image search: [Google]
Celestine Prophecy - Redfield.jpg
48KB, 318x475px
>>9586345
Didn't read it.
Celestine Prophecy tier
>>
>>9586345
Really bad narrative prose.
>>
>>9586345
yes you are a pleb
>>
>>9586470
>Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ opinion tier
>>
>>9586345
The anonymous poster saw the Dan Brown thread

>What is this doing on lit

He thought, his buttocks clenching. Dan Brown was a popular novelist from the 00's who was famous for his terrible prose. His books had sold millions of copies. But what was a thread about him doing on /lit/?

>I don't like the look of this

Thought the anonymous poster
>>
>>9587190
>Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ says don't read the Da Vinci Code

>!!? –I'm'a read now!
>>
>>9587234
Kys
>>
>>9586345

The movie is garbage-tier compared to the book, and the book is basically the used napkin in a said garbage.
>>
>>9588210
Agreed. Movie was way worse.
Why not read it, OP? It'll only take you a few hours, and you may find it a guilty pleasure.
>>
Dan Brown got me interested in reading with Angels and Demons but by the time I'd gotten around to Da Vinci Code I found it dull and formulaic. I still appreciate the role Brown played and have considered revisiting some of his works to see how I'd react to them today.
>>
>>9586462

They marketed it as though it were factual. People on television were talking for months about what was true and false from the da vinci code. New channels were having prime time specials and shit, history channel had their own shows about it. It was all stupid and at what seemed like a time of heightened religiosity. I remember when the news was highlighting people burning Harry Potter books for witchcraft. I suspect a lot of people read the da vinci code because they genuinely thought it had something interesting to say about Jesus possibly having a child.

I don't know what happened in the past decade, but it seems like the 90s had more American protestant hysteria in the media.
>>
honestly i read a lot of crap in jail cause i could only get shit books but dan brown is probably one of the better soccer mom authors out there. da vinci code, in all honesty, is a great book, its not great literature, but it wasnt meant to be. its a book youd read on a flight on or on the beach or in jail, its supposed to be entertaining and it is. he also learned how to be controversial, ive (to my shame) read all his books, you can see his formula developing and its really fucking good:

>controversial topic as plot device
>a character has a controversial/less known position on said topic
>extremism
>we need to go to that specific museum/building and look at that painting instead of just pulling it up on our phones.
>did you know that the church (insert less known fact here)...
>surprise she was a bad guy the whole time
>the thing we were looking for was in the same place we started, but we traveled half the country looking for it
>riddles
>illuminati
>it was spelled backwards
>theres no bad guys
>????
>profit
>>
>>9586345
this book series is like /x/ for plebs and soccer moms. really makes them think
>>
>>9586345
It's literally genre fiction trash, avoid both
>>
>>9586462
It was written and made into film not long after the catholic scandal broke, plus the part at the begining saying '90% of these events are true [w/r/t historical events, art, etc.] made it have this whole air around it that just made it seem cool. >>9589164 also this.

When it comes out that the RCC has been hiding serious shit, it's kinda a no brainer to write an adventure book that they're hiding more serious shit
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.