[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Giver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 81cJChEQjSL.jpg (461KB, 1205x1998px) Image search: [Google]
81cJChEQjSL.jpg
461KB, 1205x1998px
Have you ever related to someone from the Giver, like Jonas? Why or why not?
>>
>>9583049
I never read The Giver because it was for the middle level reading group in my 7th grade class.
>>
>>9583270
Well I think you missed out personally. It is by no means something one should be reading at the level you are probably at today, but I think the message it conveys and the feelings it invoked are well worth the read. A society without feelings and where everyone has a role but no personal thoughts is an interesting idea and the Giver explores it well.
>>
remember the part where they euthanized the baby? that's literally me
>>
>>9583049
r/books has room for you
>>
>>9583049
Unique. This could be a profound masterpiece film if done right. Too bad the chance was ruined.
>>
>>9583049
what the fuck has happened to /lit/? It used to be people calling eachother fags for their interpretation of Heidegger but now it's people discussing books you should have grown out of as eight year olds.
>>
>>9584275
It's not a fucking masterpiece of a book or something at a high level it's just something to discuss god damn
>>
Everyone I knew who read this was insufferable, so I never read it. Along with Holes. I read Artemis Fowl though, because I'm cool.
>>
>>9584401
Holes was good
The giver was gay as fuck
>>
>>9584391
>Have you ever related to "epic too smart for society" boy?
There are better dystopian novels to discuss. Besides, dystopian literature in general is a meme. YA dystopian fiction isn't deep enough to spark a valuable discussion.

There are hundreds of other books that would make a better discussion thread than "The Giver".
>>
I had to watch the movie of this in high school instead of reading a book
>>
>>9584431
Teacher did this for the Iliad in 9th grade. It was the only year I took reg English and it was horrific.

Spent five minutes waiting for a kid to figure out what people Menelaus and Agamemnon were fighting:
"Uhhh, I dun thought they wuz fightin' the Romunz."
>>
>>9583270
5th grade Giver reader reporting in
>>
>>9583049
this book isnt very good. let me explain my critiques.

1. the main guy (greg i think) does not score with the girl he likes

2. greg does not become the giver, and instead runs away with no repercussions for stealing the memories

3. gregs ending is not explained, he simply sees a house with some christmas lights and the story ends. We learn nothing about the society he came from, and why the people cant see like colors.
>>
>>9584401
artimis fowl was pretty good, wish he fucked that hot elf bitch
>>
>>9584438
Well according to the Romans he wouldn't be wrong.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.