[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: images-11.jpg (17KB, 285x475px) Image search: [Google]
images-11.jpg
17KB, 285x475px
Write your view on suicide
>>
If you're actually capable of carrying it out, you're capable of living.
>>
>>9582925
you should do it
>>
>>9582962
I know you should, but what about me?
>>
Inevitable, but there are things that need to get done first.
>>
>>9582954
Just for precision I'm not capable of living nor killing myself.
>>
it seems pretty nice
>>
Seems nice, I have no interest in living but i'm too numb to carry it out. It's certinaly the better option.
>>
try LSD first
>>
>>9582925
Stupid in all but the most extreme cases.
>>
Essentially a good idea within a materialist framework but actually I think its no escape at all. The only way to not suffer consciousness is to never exist in the first place.
>>
the ability to commit suicide is the inability to put thought to word
>>
Never off the table, but things tend to surprise me, and I like the surprise. I imagine I'll get tired of living, or my ever degrading mental state will eventually push me towards it, but (for now), I'm content.
>>
File: 1496262333127.jpg (278KB, 400x565px) Image search: [Google]
1496262333127.jpg
278KB, 400x565px
>>9584890
Indeed it is hard to do the despair inherent to existence justice through the use of any intelligible language. Its really far more terrifying than that
>>
the only act of free will there really is
>>
The highest risk with the greatest reward
>>
>>9582925

A reasonable choice

Than again i would've killed myself along time ago.

You can't dream when you're dead

I can get pleasure and live an otherwise banal absurd horrible exsistence.

It's complexer than that of course, for example i would rather life for ever.

However knowing you suffer and than fade away makes life unbarable.

So the choice to not play at all is a reasonable choice.
>>
>>9583040

Same i'm still trying to find a conclusion
>>
Think of 9/11. Those people in the burning building chose killing themselves rather burn alive. Life is that burning building, jump Anon.
>>
>>9585380

Sure david foster wallace
>>
>>9585388
I don't get it...
>>
>>9585414

David foster wallace killed himself

Also he used a similiar methaphor of a burning building when explaining his views on suicide
>>
>>9582925

Suicide is immoral because suicide contributes to the absurd, as neither man nor the world is absurd but absurdity is born through the contradictive relation of one confronted to the other.
>>
Kill yourself to feed my power
>>
File: arthur-schopenhauer.jpg (42KB, 548x411px) Image search: [Google]
arthur-schopenhauer.jpg
42KB, 548x411px
It's not a way out
>>
>>9582925

useless because you will just come back again into another miserable existence
human life is precious because it is your only chance to ascend and reach nirvana
if u kill urself now and come back as a feral cat or some shit youre just gonna suffer with no way out
suicide is understandable but ultimately a regressive move

t. occultist

inb4 some edgy atheist tries to say im wrong
>>
I'm not sure. Seems like a weak thing to do, like a resignation, but I'm drawn to it nevertheless
>>
>>9585414
>>9585414
he's accusing you of plagiarism and he has a point
>>
>>9585453

How so death is final
>>
>>9585499
TL;DR: Time and space don't real
>>
>>9585471
I want to regress to the point of being a clam.
Sit at the bottom of water, own your own home, food comes to you and in your spare time you make pearls.

Clams are the peak of evolution. Also not capable of higher levels of thought, so never bored or scared or in pain. Just clam.
>>
>>9585529

I genuinly hope i'm to stupid

I highly doubt that death isn't all consuming and final.

Death dominates life
>>
>>9585453
sort of. It is a way out, it's just highly inefficient.

it is a cure for the inner torment/pain in the same way cutting off your arm will help with carpal tunnel.
>>
>>9585533
>>
>>9583123
Even taking lsd I still feel like killing myself.
>>
>>9585533
Anon, thanks, I just had a glimpse of the light of God.
>>
Death is the only way to finish life. No one being chooses existence, but damn it all if it isn't worth living to be able to choose the exact moment that you cease.
>>
>>9585533

valid desire however you may enjoy that simple life you will eventually be be born into suffering

but if you free yourself once then you're basically good forever
>>
>>9582925
It's in style.
>>
File: delicious.jpg (25KB, 557x527px) Image search: [Google]
delicious.jpg
25KB, 557x527px
>>9582925
It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem, so it's better than most psychiatric medications.
>>
>>9583032

Like what anon ?
>>
>>9582925

you wish you had my life
>>
>>9585388
>>9585414
>The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill herself doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire’s flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It’s not desiring the fall; it’s terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling ‘Don’t!’ and ‘Hang on!’, can understand the jump. Not really. You’d have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.

Maybe actually read something you thundering idiot
>>
>>9582925
people who fail at suicide should be put to death
>>
There is just too much in this world to just quit. I don't even know without a doubt what happens when I die. Anyone who goes through with it has seriously skewed values in life. If you cannot obtain happiness through one method, try another.
>>
>>9582925
>your view on suicide

Sometimes some people do it
>>
>>9585499
Nah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJXN5VPkyH8

I like the ambiguousness of this song. It could be a sarcastic way of saying "It's not the end of your suffering" or a hopeful "There might be a heaven".
>>
If you care enough about your own experience in life to go through the effort of killing yourself you could have just as easily spent that effort to fix your life.

Make yourself useful in a charity or some shit. Join the peace corps. Hell join the real military. Failing all that, just fucking bolt. If you are a young single male you can literally just fucking hitchhike until you feel like stopping. People are not nearly as entrapped in their lives as they think.
>>
File: SAMSARA.jpg (463KB, 704x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SAMSARA.jpg
463KB, 704x1024px
tempting at times, but it doesn't work - it does not end suffering
>>
Dumb. So long as you live there is the chance for meaning and happiness to justify all that has passed.
>>
>>9582925
By the time you consider it, it's too late
>>
>>9585533
pearls are produced by oysters, not clams, dumbass

do you even know what a pearl really is? it's a response to an irritant or hazard within the animal's shell, like a grain of sand, or a parasite. nacre (mother-of-pearl) is secreted around the foreign object. pearls are pretty, shiny scars.

it's in a small way, but the creature does have to suffer to create this thing that people call beautiful.
>>
>>9586693

Not the one you replied to but some beauty comes from suffering
>>
>>9587008
that's what I was getting at

anon seemed to think a bivalve's life would be both free from suffering and create something beautiful. that's just not how it works.
>>
>>9582925
A trivial solution to life. No more ups, downs, feels, experience, just nothing. I'm gonna do it, if I can't manage a minimalistic, socially isolated, content way of living. Still remember where I left of on Camu's books, every time I read a few pages and then go a long time without reading any. (like many other books, though his is one I really do want to finish at some point)
>>
>>9582925
If you have to think about killing yourself, you shouldn't kill yourself.
>>
>>9582925
Enjoy your suffering because you can only experience it once.
>>
>>9582925
You're already going to die anyways.
>>
>>9582925
Kind of pathetic, but again I think everyone who cant live with the struggles of life should kill themselves.
>>
>>9587162

You're over simplifying it, you sound like one of those dude bro's who would claim suicide is cowardice.

Ironic since you are rather content on suffering rather than dying, taking pride in struggle is idiotic, claiming living is braver than dying is even more stupid.

If you'd have to cut your wrists this instance or any given person for that matter they would decline.

It's the acknowledgment of human banality and the drastic conscious response that follows, like i said you're over simplifying, suicide is different for everyone.
>>
>>9587162

You have no right to claim suicide is pathetic, you can't possibly comprehend how much a person suffers

What about clinical suicide, a boy is terminally ill say cancer and rather ends it, who are you to say that's "pathetic"

"Pathetic" how infantile
>>
>>9587328
>>9587376
I mean pathetic like in greek tragedy
Phatos you know, it cause me sadness,I just wish everyone hapinnes :)
>>
>>9582925
failing suicide is the worst thing a man can do soooo just dont commit it and live 20-30 more years you will become numb anyway
>>
>>9582925
Thou shalt not kill famalam.
>>
>>9582925
Suicide is foolish, weak, and self-centered.

It is also an act of arrogance and ingratitude.

>inb4: it takes a lot of courage, actually.
>>
If I had to define it in one word, it would be Relief.
I guess suicide is all about relief, about being able to not have to stand something painful for longer.
>>
>>9582925
In a distant sense, everything in life is a disappointment. Even if something turns out well, it never turns out as well as one would imagine in the ideal case. At least, this is how suicidal people thing. There's always a catch, and indeed, I've learned to expect one always. Why would the act of suicide be so special in this case? As an act in and of itself, it seems to have a certain purity, but that's just your view of the matter from afar.
>>
It's cowardly, but it shouldn't be illegal.
>>
>>9586233
Teleology is impossible. Life is something for purposes to act upon, not a purpose unto itself.
>>
>>9585471
in what way am I going to know I'm a cat or a clam? I don't remember being anything prior to this.
>>
I've always thought that those that see suicide as egotistical, are egotistical themselves. Why is it more important if some people feel bad beccause a loved one comitted suicide than the person who si dead? The pain it takes to consider suicide and trying it is inmense, and it needs a lot of empathy or share circumstnces to understand it fully. I have tried to kill myself before and i know what it feels. Curiously, after i've decided it, i felt veru relieved. I don't know how many have felt the same.
>>
>>9582925
The Last Argument of NEETs
>>
>>9584903
Quite.
>>
Sad but understandable. There are great forces in life driving you towards death. Your mind being just one of them. But death is not the end. I have no reason for believing this but I think that when you die your life starts over, with seemingly minor differences, like the shapes of faces and sensations. The ride never ends.
>>
>>9582925
not as dramatic in reality
>>
I think that if we all just accepted each other as we are and let people make their own choices there wouldn't be such stigma about it.

The reason we feel attached to people is because we need something from them - approval, love, sex, dominance, submission, whatever. We are never truly satisfied with other people, no matter what we get we always want a little more, we always want to be one step closer to perfection. When someone close to you dies it means that you can never satisfy this need, and when someone commits suicide it means they have actively prevented you from satisfying that need - that's why it makes people so angry.
>>
>>9586029
(You)
>>
I don't know why everyone is so concerned with people choosing their death. They were forced into existence without consent and expected to die the same way.

Consciousness is nature's nightmare.
>>
if it's really that great you should just do it

nihilism doesn't even real lol
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.