[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what is the deal with the Virgin Mary? Was she really the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

So what is the deal with the Virgin Mary? Was she really the vital force behind Medieval Christianity as Henry Adams claims?
>>
>asking /lit/ about this
or any 4chan board, for that matter
>>
>>9582352
Explain.
>>
>>9582403
This is a question you ask a theologician, or a priest, or a monk

Not a german blacksmithing forum with a section for blacksmithing literature
>>
>>9582341
Well? The warrior Normans were more taken with Angels, but in general Yes. Our Lady.
>>
>>9582341
If Cathedral dedications and personal literature are valid indications, then yes. Both Adams' privately published books ultimately concern motivation, or motive force. What technics supplant is imagination. Via Adams, i.e.
>>
>>9583021
So the Virgin really is, dare I say it, /Our Lady/?
>>
>>9583856
/This/ must have been hovering somewhat near my conscience mind when posting earlier. Thanks for thrusting it into the full daylight, anon. I mean, how can she not be? The Church nay Cathedral Triumphant is built through time, (you) know..
Perhaps she'll appear on /lit/?
>>
File: Our-Lady-of-Guadalupe.jpg (356KB, 1151x1525px) Image search: [Google]
Our-Lady-of-Guadalupe.jpg
356KB, 1151x1525px
She is, arguably, still the vital force behind the Catholic Church. Hence her major appearance in Mexico, which led directly to the Christianization of the Americas, and her appearance at Fatima, which revived devotion in at least a portion of the faithful.
>>
>>9582341
Just a great book, along with The Education.
>>
>>9584381
Nobody seems to read HA here though, which is surprising.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.