[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank these >Seeing Shakespeare performed on the stage >Reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Rank these

>Seeing Shakespeare performed on the stage
>Reading Shakespeare
>Seeing a filmed, verbatim performance of Shakespeare
>Seeing a filmed adaptation of Shakespeare
>OMG Shakespeare
>>
>>9582045
Cancer and degeneracy.

/thread
>>
Plays are for the stage, period. Reading a play is like reading a movie script, it doesn't compare to the real thing at all.
>>
>>9582052
That's what I thought, It's just that I have no-one to go with. I don't mix in those circles. I live near the Globe too
>>
>>9582045

>Seeing Shakespeare performed on the stage
>Reading Shakespeare
>OMG Shakespeare
>Seeing a filmed, verbatim performance of Shakespeare
>Seeing a filmed adaptation of Shakespeare

Screenplay shakespeare is an abomination.
>>
>>9582052
how to people take plays seriously? granted, i've never been to a broadway level play, but the acting is always so excessively dramatic that, even if the style is intentional, i can't take it seriously and become completely distracted by how shit and obnoxious the actors are
>>
I think the idea of adapting Shakespeare to text messages could have had potential if it had been done well and the necessary liberties had been taken to modernize whatever needed to be. But this just seems silly and looks to be aimed to kids who need to read say Romeo and Juliet for school and do not want to. It doesn't seem to have any merit on its own right, or be something that anyone would read except to "cheat" on a book report or something.
>>
>>9582052
>t. robot with no imagination
>>
>>9582066
>the acting is always so excessively dramatic that, even if the style is intentional, i can't take it seriously and become completely distracted by how shit and obnoxious the actors are

This is actually the best way to work out if an actor is good. If you can't tell they're acting, they're fucking great
>>
on stage, at the Globe Theatre in Early Modern English

anything else - fuck off
>>
Shakespeare with samurai > all other modes of consuming Shakespeare
>>
>>9582045
OMG Shakespeare is the only way to go, rest is cancer
>>
>>9582045
>1. seeing shakespeare performed on the stage when you know the play well
>2. reading shakespeare

*power gap*

>3. seeing shakespeare performed on the stage

Honestly it's gibberish at times if you're not familiar with the lines, particularly as you can't reread what's being said in the heat of the moment
>>
>>9583316
This. The people in this thread that say plays aren't meant to be read must be in denial.
>>
>>9582045
OMG platonic dialogues when?
>>
File: 1490784446285.jpg (2MB, 1382x4183px) Image search: [Google]
1490784446285.jpg
2MB, 1382x4183px
>>
File: macbeth11.jpg (56KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
macbeth11.jpg
56KB, 800x500px
the 2015 Macbeth film was pretty decent
>>
File: 802_orig.jpg (249KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
802_orig.jpg
249KB, 1100x618px
>Buy complete works of Shakespeare
>Shred
>Mix with water to create pulp
>Shove Shakespeare pulp up ass
>Instantly absorb all of Shakespeare' wisdom
>mfw
>>
>>9582066
If you dislike well-performed plays you're a pseud. Do you live in a major city? Most have decent theaters.
>>
>>9582045
What's with that weird discolouration on that guys thumb?
>>
>>9582045
F
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.