[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A gust of wind blew across the yard. The overhanging flaps of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

A gust of wind blew across the yard. The overhanging flaps of the table cloth fluttered. A napkin went flying across the lawn. The foliage above us swished. I lifted my glass and drank, shuddered as the acidic taste hit my palate, and once again recognized that clear, pure sensation that arose with approaching intoxication, and the desire to pursue it that always followed.
>>
>>9582039
God tier prose
>>
>>9582039
i read

>overhanging flaps

and thought of something very different
>>
>>9583382
yeah my nutsack currently in your mouth
how does it taste huh?
>>
>>9582039
what's with the 7th grade prose? please don't tell me this is from an actual published book
>>
>>9582039
He and Wallace are on the same level
>>
>>9583610
The bullying of DFW has to stop lads
>>
>>9582039
I'm actually genuinely a fan of his prose. Very simplistic, it doesn't lie. He doesn't feel the need to be over-elaborate, he just tells it like it is. No pointless verbosity. It lends itself to approachable characters and accessible fiction. I think people get too hung up on the fact that it's not conventionally 'good' and doesn't conform to this idea of traditional thought-driven literature.
>>
File: Augustus.png (258KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Augustus.png
258KB, 640x480px
>>9582039
>The foliage above us swished
That's objectively bad writing
>>
>>9583618
no, he's ridden on his horse horse for too long, 2017 will be the year it all comes crashing down for him.
>>
>>9582039
this is an excerpt from my struggle by karl ove knausgaard
>>
>>9583627
How would you have written it well?
>>
>>9583635
Oh so it's translated. That makes more sense. Also
>my struggle
wonder where I heard that one before
>>
>>9583660
The foliage that filled the air upon us swembled and reminded me of my grandmother's trifle as it wobbled on the windowsill
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.