[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name ONE (1) talented young writer who isn't an MFA graduate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: download6.jpg (95KB, 477x316px)
download6.jpg
95KB, 477x316px
Name ONE (1) talented young writer who isn't an MFA graduate.
>>
>>9581448
rupi kaur
>>
>>9581448
me
>>
>>9581448
Name ONE (1) talented young writer
>>
Every talented young writer that isn't a burger
>>
>>9581559
America is the intellectual and cultural capital of the planet. If you're not at least attending an American university, you are too stupid to create meaningful and relevant literature
>>
File: hautecuisine.png (290KB, 749x328px)
hautecuisine.png
290KB, 749x328px
>>9581682
In the same sense as that America is also the culinary capital of the planet.
>>
>>9581701
But it IS the culinary capital of the planet. New York City probably has more world class restaurants than your entire country.
>>
>>9581701
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

*breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

holy shit Americans BTFO
>>
>>9581704
Sure, sure. They're not American restaurants though, are they? They're Italian, French, Japanese, Chinese ...
>>
>>9581738
Yes they are. They're Italian-American, French-American, Japanese-American, Chinese-American...

>>9581714
You're posting in an American idiolect over an American website that makes use of the internet, an American invention
>>
>>9581793
>Yes they are. They're Italian-American, French-American, Japanese-American, Chinese-American...

Not they're not

> You're posting in an American idiolect over an American website that makes use of the internet, an American invention

Not culture
>>
>>9581800
>Not they're not
Yes they are

>Not culture
Speech patterns, media, and technology are all examples of culture
>>
File: 1494442460530.jpg (53KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494442460530.jpg
53KB, 960x720px
>>9581805
This is getting pathetic.
>>
>>9581793
I'm posting in English on a Japanese designed and owned website that makes use of the internet, an English invention.
>Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee OM KBE FRS FREng FRSA FBCS (born 8 June 1955),[1] also known as TimBL, is an English computer scientist, best known as the inventor of the World Wide Web.
Your use of "-American" in those restaurant names just refers to where they are now. The word that comes first (Italian, French, etc) tells us what their culinary culture is.
>>
>>9581448
>name ONE (1) talented young writer who isn't a male fashion advice graduate
>>
>>9581448
Talented young writer is an oxymoron
>>
>>9581808
Nice deflecting
>>
>>9581805
>Yes they are. They're Italian-American, French-American, Japanese-American, Chinese-American...

>Not they're not

Not faggot OP, but as someone who has dined well in NYC, almost every ethic restaurant of quality has for better but almost always for worsean executive chef that is 2nd or 3rd gen immigrant, committed to cultural fusion, and has 30 mexican sous chefs. So, really, yes they are. If you want legit chinese food you have to go slumming in Flushing.
>>
>>9581448

Well, for starters: oh, how about Homer?
He was pretty young, right
Also a certain young Fyodor of some renown
>>
>>9582412
>chinese

i meant korean
>>
>>9582419
Can you reccomend a place? Would give me a reason to leave this room.
>>
>>9581448
My brother. I'm trash by comparison, honestly.
>>
>>9582438
Well, Jade Asian Restaurant on 39th in Queens is the best dim sum ive ever had, but you will be the only white person there, and the waiter wont understand you. Buenos Aires on E 6th has the best skirt steak and chimmichurri ever. Heidelberg on 2nd Ave has great pot roast. Anthony's on Union Turnpike out in queens is like an old fashioned italian mob restaurant with great veal everything. Gigino Trattoria in Tribeca is pricey but their bone marrow on crisps is unbelievable. Their sister restaurant Hearth is a James Beard finalist and has this amazing chocolate spread of rare international chocolates.
>>
>>9582463
What's he written? Care to post a sample?
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (8KB, 299x168px)
9k=.jpg
8KB, 299x168px
>>9581558
>>
>>9582499
Thanks anon. Also I'm a negro.
>>
>>9581704
New York is ranked 5th in the world according to the Michelin Guide.
>>
>>9582559
If you want prime white out of town pussy that is being adventurous, I always see colored boys scoring at the Bohemian Hall in Astoria..
>>
>>9582583
>Michelin Guide

If you want to eat well in NYC Zagat is the key to that. I havent eaten personally, but have friends that have eaten at Jean Georges, Blanca, and Daniel, which were all delicious, but as is typical, pretentious, overpriced, with tiny portions.

If you want to eat at an undiscovered jewel in the heart of Brooklyn you should be using Zagat. Not Yelp, the "community" is reddit tier that watches too many cooking shows.
>>
>>9581682
That doesn't follow. It's not necessary to go to uni to be a successful writer. Moreover, not attending post secondary school doesn't necessarily imply stupidity.
>>
Joshua Cohen
>>
>>9582955
Where should I start?
>>
>>9581682
Britain laughs at you
>>
>>9582547
Not very good desu
>>
>>9583670
Britain is America's client state and cultural property
>>
>>9583081
Don't, he's terrible
>>
>>9581682
Γελάνε kαι τα αυτιά μου με την ανοησία σου, Αμεριkανάkι.
>>
>>9581682
>12% white

Okay Anon, or should I say Anõn, eh?
>>
>>9582412
Whenever I need my AUTHENTIC Asian fix, I get my ass over to one of those Mecican Taco/Chinese takeout combos. Fucking takes me straight back to the home land.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.