[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to go after the Greeks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 838.png (205KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
838.png
205KB, 659x525px
After I have finished the general core of the Greeks for both literature and philosophy, where do I go?

Can I start on 20th century literature or do I need to move to the Middle ages/Bible shit?
>>
>>9579890
Nietzsche. Maybe some tid-bits of Descartes before that, but directly straight to Nietzsche afterwards
>>
the post-greek greeks
>>
File: resumeWithRomans.jpg (3MB, 6100x3721px) Image search: [Google]
resumeWithRomans.jpg
3MB, 6100x3721px
>>9579904
Nietzsche is great insofar as his thought develops from the Greeks in a way others do not. Nietzsche, however, also draws on the Romans.

>>9579890
Resume with the Romans
Also, the NeoPlatonists would also be good.
>>
>>9579890
the Hellenics if not already covered and the Romans, then you can get into medieval scholasticism and such
>>
>>9579890
You could just resume with the Romans or you could go for whatever you'd like.

The Greeks are the foundation, after that you can build whatever you'd like.
>>
>>9579890
The Romans are meme-tier. Go to the continental philosophy, learn of classic liberal philosophers, and go to post-modern/existentialist philosophers afterwards.
>>
Can I go to Descartes, Nietzsche, etc and come back to the Christians later?
>>
>>9579890

Read "The Secret History", a fantastic book about students who take the "the Greeks" meme too far.
>>
>>9579980
Possibly ○
>>
Resume with the Romans, then try Descartes, who is one of the first modern philosophers.
>>
>>9580024
what were the romans known for apart from what history teaches us

archimedes right

imo Beauvoir is legit
>>
>>9580024
>>9579954
>>9579916
>>9579928
>>9579904
>no Christian philosophers

Degenerates.
>>
>>9579890
>Bible shit
this is the shit you were supposed to start with, dumdum
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.