[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transcendental logic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Enable- Secondary.jpg (7KB, 176x253px) Image search: [Google]
Enable- Secondary.jpg
7KB, 176x253px
So general logic is anything that has to do with the rules of truth in a general case, whether it is empirical or a priori. Applied logic would be like discerning the rules of truth in any kind if empirical argument like say literary criticism or legal argument. Pure logic is Aristotelian logic in that its objects can be of empirical content but its purpose is to describe the laws of thought in general, abstracted from whatever its content may be. Transcendental logic is about the laws of metacognitions. He gives the example that geometry is not a transcendental representation because it relies on intuition, that of space, but the knowledge that geometry is not empirical, the judgement that geometry is intuitive rather than empirical, is transcendental. Is this right? And geometry is pure intuition because it is discernible without the senses, right?
>>
>>9579404
>reading continentals

try the redpill that deals with facts not feels
>>
>>9579404

>And geometry is pure intuition because it is discernible without the senses, right?

You need prior knowledge to fit a cube into a square whole. In order to get prior knowledge, one must fit a square in another shape. If it doesn't fit perfectly, it is not a square.

You do need senses to determine whether or not geometry is useful to you.
>>
>>9579404
Kant’s conception of the essentially non-conceptual character of geometrical
reasoning is thus especially sensitive to the circumstance that, in Euclid’s formulation of
geometry, the iterative application of initial constructive operations represents the
existential assumptions we would express by explicit quantificational statements in
modern formulations following Hilbert. Thus, for example, whereas Hilbert represents
the infinite divisibility of a line by an explicit quantificational axiom stating that between
any two points there exists a third, Euclid represents the same idea by showing how to
construct a bisection function for any given line segment (Proposition I.10): our ability
to iterate this construction indefinitely then represents the infinite divisibility of the same
segment. More generally, Euclid constructs all the points in his plane by the iterative
application of three initial constructive operations to any given pair of points: connecting
any two points by a straight line segment (Postulate 1), extending any given line segment
by another given line segment (Postulate 2), constructing a circle with any point as center
and any given line segment as radius (Postulate 3).
>>
>>9579424
Good one.
>>
>>9579404
> Is this right?

Are you asking if you correctly represented Kant's thought or if Kant is incorrect here
>>
>>9579655
If im interpreting Kant correctly
>>
>>9579404
>Transcendental logic is about the laws of metacognitions.

Yes.

>And geometry is pure intuition because it is discernible without the senses, right?

Yes, it is an intuition that allows us to make sense of experience.
>>
>>9579678
This is me
>>9579720
>>
What would Kantbros recommend as the best secondary source describing Kant's epistemology?

I just want the CPR For Dummies before I go into the CPR.
>>
>>9579727
Read prolegomena first then cpr
>>
>>9579724
Thanks
>>
>>9579411
Brainlet
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.