[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most disappointing book you've ever read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: MildlyDisappointingLogo4K.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
MildlyDisappointingLogo4K.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
What's the most disappointing book you've ever read?
>>
>>9579320
Gravity's Rainbow
>>
Infinite Jest
>>
Ulysses
>>
>>9579320
This is going to be very specific: Ligotti's Agonizing Resurrection of Doctor Frankenstein.

After reading Ligotti's main collections, I went after the peripheral stuff. This was supposed to be Ligotti's take on traditional/popular horror tales, and I thought that that premise had great promise.

I was disappoint.
>>
So I read this piece of shit in middle school. I can't remember which grade.

The book is around 300 pages long. The main plot is about a boy pulling of a heist to steal a
Van Gogh painting.

Do you know when that plot is first introduced?

Page motherfucking 250.
>>
>>9579342
Pulling off*
>>
>>9579324
Why's that?
>>
>>9579700
I thought it wouldn't suck
>>
>>9579320
One Hundred Years of Solitude
>>
>>9579323
Must have stopped after the first 100 pages
>>
>>9579320
>starts off good
>quickly becomes a book about nothing
my diary desu
>>
Great Expectiations
>>
>>9579320
White Noise by DeLillo

Far from simply being underwhelmed, from thinking it's "not great", I think it's actually awful. I actually want to use Bloom's words because they're so apt to what i think of him: "Stephen King is Cervantes compared to Don deLillo"
>>
>>9579320
this

>>9580139
also this
>>
Life of Pi
It was decent until the end, where the author just spergs out and explains the metaphor of the book. The book's theme is ruined, the author basically tells you what to think while hiding behind how vague the ending is.
>>
>>9580139
you must like superhero movies
>>
>>9579323
>>9579324
>>9579336
Aaaaaaand... that's a wrap!
>>
>>9580139
>>9580163
Why 100yrs of solitude?
>>
The Stand was disappointing but in retrospect it's pretty infuriating.
>>
>>9580162
Well memed.
>>
>>9579320
OP's biography
>>
>>9580501
This is some bottom of the barrel comedy right here, folks.
>>
On the Road
>everyone talks about the CONTROVERSIAL novel full of sex drugs and fuckin JAZZ man that kerouac typed entirely during a speed binge
>actual book is a bunch of bland cunts visiting cities that all turn it to be boring
>>
Crime an Punishiment - however this was because I was convinced by my peers that it was the best novel ever written and would turn me into a devout christian - hence I came to it with stupidly high hopes.

More realistically that Hitchens book God is not great
>>
>>9579320
100 years of solitude. tedius and unfullfilling.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.